You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Axl PWNS DR. PEPPER

Bono wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

James, exactly...  They got much bigger issues vs. something that really doesn't effect sales.  Not one fucker bought the album for a free DP.  It sux that it didn't work, but fuck, to start this shit, when two of your Axe men are gone, with no tour, no interview?  hmmm.

By "hmmm" I'm assuming you mean it's pathetic. It's weak and it's so lame. It's laughable. It makes Gn'R and Axl look like little bitches. I'm almost embarassed for G'R that they're actually giving two shits about this. Is this some sort of attempt to look liek the good guys looking out for their fans who couldn't get their Dr. Pepper?  16:haha:  It's such an irrelevant thing and this is what they're worried about. Unreal.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I guess Kaneda's out of a job.

Bwahahahahhahaha

Dr. Pepper is now going to get sued for even trying to use Axl Rose's image. lmao

But seriously, it might be more album publicity, but if Axl's reacting (technically) to the fact they defrauded fans... well it's kind of true. Dr. Pepper made this big announcement and got it all over the media, I guess assuming it'd never happen. Then it does, and then they make it the quickest possible way to get a Dr. Pepper (a 24 hour period, for billions of people in the U.S., that use the internet? come on) and basically tried to take a quick way and weasel out of it.

They needed to tie the promotion into the album. The best way to have done this would've been for the albums distributed in the U.S. to come with a coupon for a free Dr. Pepper 20 oz. bottle courtesy of Axl, that could be redeemed right then at your local convience store.

well I hate Dr.Pepper anyway,it tasted awful...lol

Bono

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Bwahahahahhahaha.

is that direcetd at me? If so Kaneda posts for effect. His posts were long thought out. I post what I'm thining at the time. My posts are honest reactions to what I'm reading. I don't sit at home and plan what I'm going to say Thursday evening on GnRevolution.  I have no agenda when I login is what I'm saying.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Do you know what's the saddest part of this story? That the winner is Slash, again. The mofo would have been the only one not to get a free soda, but since Dr. Pepper was frauding everyone, Slash has just as much Dr. Pepper as the other millions in the country. And he doesn't deserve it.

big_smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Bwahahahahhahaha.

is that direcetd at me? If so Kaneda posts for effect. His posts were long thought out. I post what I'm thining at the time. My posts are honest reactions to what I'm reading. I don't sit at home and plan what I'm going to say Thursday evening on GnRevolution.  I have no agenda when I login is what I'm saying.

Kaneda is apparently behind the Dr Pepper/GnR promo

Bono

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Bwahahahahhahaha.

Kaneda is apparently behind the Dr Pepper/GnR promo

16 Cool. I thought it was a weird thing to post right after my post. Didn't see the coreleation unless Axlin08 thought I was trying to "hate" all the time lol.

Mikkamakka that's hilarious. the winner is Slash!!! 16

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i'm not saying i agree with this lawsuit but for those saying gnr has other issues or more important things to tend to - i don't think a lawsuit against dr pepper affects these things the slightest bit, assuming you are talking about tours, videos, etc. gnr/management will move forward with the current plan, assuming there is one.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Dr. Pepper sucks anyhow.

Board footer