You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: House

Saikin wrote:

What attracts me to this show the most is the philosophy and the character depth in this show.  There's a lot of philosophy, making it a pretty smart show, which most primetime shows aren't even close to being.  And the character depth and psychology of House is intriguing.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Love it, have all four seasons on dvd for a reason smile. Saikin is right, it's a pretty intelligent show. And although it is formulaic, I tend to like it for the subplots more than the medical whodunit type story-lines each episode. Most of the cleverness comes from character development and somewhat intelligent dialogs. And Hugh Laurie is perfectly fit for the role of House.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Love it, have all four seasons on dvd for a reason smile. Saikin is right, it's a pretty intelligent show. And although it is formulaic, I tend to like it for the subplots more than the medical whodunit type story-lines each episode. Most of the cleverness comes from character development and somewhat intelligent dialogs. And Hugh Laurie is perfectly fit for the role of House.

I agree.  The reason why i like the show so much is the sub-plots within the bigger story.  They have excellent character development and are always revealing different aspects of House that you don't really expect.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I loved house the first few seasons.  My main gripe with it now is that when it first started it was about the patient and the disease/problem they have.  House's fucked up attitude was there, but it was kept on the back burner.  I havent seen any of the new season, but last season it seemed like they went and made his assholishness one of the bigger plot points and I couldnt stand it being shoved down the viewers throat.  "Yeah he's an asshole, but he's a genius"...yeah I get it, and I cant stand the character anymore.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Tommie wrote:

I loved house the first few seasons.  My main gripe with it now is that when it first started it was about the patient and the disease/problem they have.  House's fucked up attitude was there, but it was kept on the back burner.  I havent seen any of the new season, but last season it seemed like they went and made his assholishness one of the bigger plot points and I couldnt stand it being shoved down the viewers throat.  "Yeah he's an asshole, but he's a genius"...yeah I get it, and I cant stand the character anymore.

I just started season 3 but it does seem like they keep progressing towards focussing soley on House.  The turning point was really the last episode of the second season when he got shot and became a patient himself. 

The character itself is very intriguing, but shouldn't be the main focus of the show.  I liked how his character was a little more subtley shown to us in the larger picture of trying to diagnose patients.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Communist China wrote:

The new team isn't as interesting as the old, they traded away humor for drama, and it seems like the patient never dies anymore.

I still watch it every week, and I don't mind the repitition, but I want more failures and funnier moments - it's getting to be like a lot of other medical dramas. And fuck, I just don't care about Taub or Cutner and I don't like 13.

WHAT?  13 is HOT, and she had her experimental phase with girls this season.  What's not to like about that?  Although now it appears she's moved on to Foreman.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

13 was hotter when she was first around, and I still think Cameron's better.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

I just came somewhere in the middle of season 4 thanks to a marathon on tv. So let me get this straight... Foreman, Chase, and Cameron all got fired/quit at the end of season 3. Now they're all back in the hospital, just not all under House's command? And when did Cameron get frumpy, and why is she in scrubs? I saw all the way through the episode with the bus accident, which was pretty hokey. Ok, I can see hypnosis, or electrical treatment to jump start your memory, but not to go back as a visitor in your subconscious and look around for clues. That's a little too sci-fi.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Communist China wrote:

13 was hotter when she was first around, and I still think Cameron's better.

I agree... although i think i would take 13 over the blonde Cameron.  Cameron looked way better with brown hair.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

I just came somewhere in the middle of season 4 thanks to a marathon on tv. So let me get this straight... Foreman, Chase, and Cameron all got fired/quit at the end of season 3. Now they're all back in the hospital, just not all under House's command? And when did Cameron get frumpy, and why is she in scrubs? I saw all the way through the episode with the bus accident, which was pretty hokey. Ok, I can see hypnosis, or electrical treatment to jump start your memory, but not to go back as a visitor in your subconscious and look around for clues. That's a little too sci-fi.

They got hired back on in the Hospital.  Cameron works in the ER- hence the smocks, Chase works as a surgeon, and Foreman got hired back on under House, but he's Cuddy's pet so he gets to stand up to House.  He's basically the second in command in the diagnostic department. 

He didn't really go back as a visitor in his memories.  He was viewing his memories, and trying to think of any clues there would have been.  But to show that on TV, it was probably best to do it the way they did.  I guess it is kinda like regression therapy in a way.

Board footer