You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: House

faldor wrote:

I don't have a huge problem with how the rest of the cast dealt with his death, that was right on par with the way they are.  I had a problem more with the moments leading up to the death and that scene itself.  It came out of nowhere and you couldn't even tell what happened when they cut to commercial.  All you saw was his feet and some blood on 13's hands.  I just think he deserved a better sendoff.  We didn't even get to see him in the episode before he died.  Wilson's girlfriend, Amber, got a MUCH better death episode in last season's finale.  For heavens sake, this wasn't even the season finale.  Shouldn't a main character's death deserve to be in the season finale instead of with a month of episodes left?

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I'm sure the death will be continued to be dealt with through this season, and just think, they have to have something good in store for the end now.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I'm sure the death will be continued to be dealt with through this season, and just think, they have to have something good in store for the end now.

I would hope so.  I actually thought the murder aspect could've been interesting if they let that play out a little more but again I can totally see the reasoning behind that.  Something House couldn't control or wasn't aware of, tough for him to deal with that.

Kutner's death just didn't hit me like it should have.  You get attached to these characters even though it's just a TV show and when he died I didn't feel much sadness.  It just didn't do it for me, not anywhere near as emotional as the death of characters in other TV shows or movies.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

This is my experience with the show, but I don't find that much attachment to the new cast, at least not like I did the old one.  I certainly don't feel much attachment to Taub in particular. 

I'm hoping now they bring Cameron back onto House's team.  She brought a really interesting aspect to the team.  She's like House's opposite in many ways.  Kutner, Taub, Foreman, and 13 are all like House in a lot of ways.  I would say that 13 is the farthest one away from House.  Kutner was really too much of a wimp.  Taub is too much of a dick.  Foreman is basically House, but less miserable.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I had a problem with this episode for various reasons.  First, as previously mentioned, there was no sign at all that Kutner was suicidal.  Yeah, I know in real life most people who commit suicide exhibit no signs either, but this is a tv show and they should have at least given the viewers some clues.

Second, Kutner is the smartest guy on the current team when it comes to diagnosing stuff.  He notices things that the other three doctors miss, in that regard he is like House Jr.  With him gone, I'm not sure who takes that role in the show.  Taub is an OK doctor.  I find Thirteen extremely annoying and somewhat incompetent.  Foreman is probably the biggest disappointment of all since he has been with House the longest, yet during the last year he has  become an extremely incompetent doctor, capped off by this season's "I switched Thirteen's meds during a test trial" that nearly caused her to die.  I guess they can always use Cameron or Chase as House has confided in them during this season.

Third, the writers rarely wrote storylines about Kutner and yet he gets to die in this fashion?  Seriously, if they had written even one decent storyline about him I would be less irked about this episode.  This year a whole bunch of episodes devoted to a mediocre actress (Olivia Wilde) and her struggles with lesbianism, Huntingtons disease and dating a fellow doctor.  What about the other characters?

Fourth, this was just a downer of an episode.  I know the topic was dark and grim.  But they extremely subdued and like they were walking in quicksand or something.   They also wasted a guest star appearance by Meat Loaf as the patient of the week.  Is it just me or does House seem a bit more distant this year?

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

Kutner is one of the weakest doctors on the staff because of his lack of a backbone.  He's House's lackey most of the time, and therefore could never be House Jr.  Just my opinion on him.

AtariLegend wrote:

Do any of you guys still watch this show?

I'm really looking forward to the 8th and probable last season. I know from reading that alot people were pissed off at how season 7 ended, but I thought it was the least mudane ending out of the options.

It made zero sense for House and Cuddy to end up happily ever after, given what's happened throughout the season and their relationship arc was getting too distracting. It went on for the last few seasons, if they did end up gettimg married in TV style, it kills the premise of the show.

faldor

faldor wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Do any of you guys still watch this show?

I'm really looking forward to the 8th and probable last season. I know from reading that alot people were pissed off at how season 7 ended, but I thought it was the least mudane ending out of the options.

It made zero sense for House and Cuddy to end up happily ever after, given what's happened throughout the season and their relationship arc was getting too distracting. It went on for the last few seasons, if they did end up gettimg married in TV style, it kills the premise of the show.

Lisa Edelstein (Cuddy) is leaving the show and joining "The Good Wife", so I'm guessing that's why they ended last season as they did.  As it sure would've been difficult to have the two of them working together after such drastic events.

AtariLegend wrote:

It's over now. One of my favorite TV series. I didn't love the last episode, but I think the ending was great.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I didn't love this last season.  It almost seemed like they didn't plan on this being their last season so they just threw a whole bunch of story lines out there along the way to get as much going on as possible.  Chase almost dying and getting paralyzed, yet being completely back to normal the next episode.  Then they whole Wilson ordeal. 

They took the Eastbound and Down approach to the finale with the fake death.  In both cases I think it would've made more sense to just kill the character off.  But this way, I guess fans of the show are happier.

Board footer