You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neanderpaul
 Rep: 1 

Re: Better Official Single 12/02/08

Neanderpaul wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah, you do have a program director to answer to.

And again, thx for all your input. It gives us an idea of what the radio market is doing with this stuff.

Ill tell you..."Chinese Democracy" the song, started out very slow. But, what we're seeing is that the people who choose our station as their favorite, are reacting more positively than the general public. Which mirrors the sales, and response we've seen elsewhere.

The masses...just aren't gravitating to the record. There are many reasons. But, they all add up to disappointment.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

That sounds familiar.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

polluxlm wrote:

Alex Jones just played CD on his show. How's that for promotion?:haha:

That is wild--I am waiting to hear it on Coast to Coast am during one of their rock n' roll conspiracy shows!

What was Alex Jone's take?  I am sure there were some conspiratorial comments...

Sky Dog wrote:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:haha: unnecessary post.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Not sure if this has been covered, but how exactly are videos released these days?  Not that I'm expecting the "Better" video this week, even though Axl said it would be probably be out.  Will it just pop up online one day?  I mean MTV, VHI, they don't have world premieres like they did back in the day as far as I know.  So now what, they just randomly pop up online without notice?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Official GNR site, their MySpace site, their YouTube channel, all at once. Maybe get play on Fuse or Much. That's probably the main focus.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

The smart move would be release it tomorrow, prior to the busy upcoming shopping weekend.  But, I don't think GNR worries about scanning units, as much as they do getting the art piece right--which is admirable.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

Nah, it'll be out Saturday morning. VH1 always premiers new music videos then. and since MTV and VH1 are owned by the same company, you're not going to see anything until Saturday morning. That is, if that's how its being premiered (its usually how most big name music videos are premiered nowadays)

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

In Canada, MuchMusic still plays videos.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

97.7 HTZFM Southern Ontario's Best Rock
Top Nine @ Nine

#1 - Kings Of Leon
Sex On Fire
Only By The Night

#2 - Mudvayne
Do What You Do
The New Game