You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Better Official Single 12/02/08

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

Yep.

Some stations added it early (happens all of the time in the biz), but the official "add/impact" date is 12/2.

It's the same with Taylor Swift's new single, we just got the promo of it today at work. Some stations added it early, but it doesn't officially go for adds until next week - Monday or Tuesday, I believe. It's basically just the label trying to get it to be the "most played/most added" song of the week on the airplay charts.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

I can still remember journalists sitting in front of me in Bercy in 2006 say " this song is a hit" and they were playing better?

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Hmmmm, I wrote CD off because I thought Better was officially released already and was literally creating no stir. I'll remain slightly optimistic yet, then.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

If any song will help this album it will be Better.  From the reaction I have received when playing the songs  Street of Dreams should be the one that follows afterwards.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I think they should go with This I Love and then Sorry. Street of Dreams is A-OK with me, but I think those would be better.

Actually, if they'd have canned the use of Chinese Democracy as a single and started with Better, followed it with Street of Dreams, then Sorry and This I Love it could have generated more of a stir. If you're gonna use a song as a single in this day and age, at least make sure it has a hook.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Better already charted in the top 30 without an official release? Weird but good I guess.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well that's the reason. I had wondered why this song was DOA when it got to radio.

A proper single play will make it go bigger than CD imo. And a ballad will surpass that. If they aren't going to do promo, they need to start working the radio dial.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

ive heard IRS on the radio three times in the past week, and TWAT twice in one day on WAAF. as far as i know they weren't doing any promotional thing, just playing tracks they thought were cool. i enjoyed it.

Board footer