You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

Re: The Black Crowes

BurningHills wrote:

Still my other favorite band of all-time! (It used to be Aerosmith until they started anally raping their fans with ticket and meet and greet prices.)

The Crowes, line-up changes be damned - are still the best touring rock band out there today. Hands down. I just saw them in Philly on the 3rd, my 5th show, and they blew me away. The set (14 songs) was half original/half covers, but that didn't matter - they tore the Electric Factory in Philly up, and I'm already looking forward to a new tour in 2008!

Go see them the next time that they come to your town - you won't be disappointed, and tickets are usually no more than $35 each - gotta respect the guys for keeping their tickets prices low!

Oh, and Chris Robinson looks like Jesus - so it's kind of like going to church. A really loud rocking church..

l_448feccdde42797e8dd3fc372166647e.jpg
l_f93d8e97d650756da605f4cdf02b2aab.jpg

1770.jpg
Any self-respecting rock fan NEEDS to own "The Southern Harmony And Musical Companion" - the album is absolutely perfect in every way. Second on my all-time list. Only AFD ranks higher.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BurningHills

BurningHills wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I absolutely love The Black Crowes. I was kinda sad to see Ed go but I'm sure the new material will be awesome. I love the new songs Chris and Rich just put out.

I've seen the whole band over 20 times and I saw Chris on his solo tour for New Earth Mud, nothing short of incredible each and everytime.

I agree with you about Southern Harmony.... but I gotta throw out a shout to Three Snakes... I fn LOVE that record.

But then again...... they really don't have a bad album. At all.

Absolutely agree. I have all of the official releases, a few singles, a bunch of the Instant Live recordings, and a TON of shows on CD.

One of the few bands who can do no wrong!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

nugdafied wrote:

Nice a Black Crowes thread. I had seen them back at the end of September & was all ready to write a big review, but ROV just happenned to get shutdown at that time. Anyways, it was an amazing show & Chris Robinson can sing with the best of them. Is Luther Dickenson now a member of the band? I thought he had just helped out in the studio, but that article makes it seem as though he's in.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

Nice a Black Crowes thread. I had seen them back at the end of September & was all ready to write a big review, but ROV just happenned to get shutdown at that time. Anyways, it was an amazing show & Chris Robinson can sing with the best of them. Is Luther Dickenson now a member of the band? I thought he had just helped out in the studio, but that article makes it seem as though he's in.

Other then Chris, Rich & Steve I'm getting the impression that people that are available are gonna flesh out the group from here out. Which is fine by me for the record.

Yeah, it's definitely their band, and the rest of the spots have been a bit of a revolving door through most of their career anyway. 

Although I saw Marc Ford solo this summer, and that was a really good show...  What the Crowes would sound like if they were a bit more of a jam band and didn't have as good of a singer.

March 4 huh...  Well, that's two records I need to buy that day.

BurningHills

BurningHills wrote:

Anyone else going to the first "ONE NIGHT ONLY" show in Sayreville, NJ next Sunday?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer