You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Chinese Democracy UNDER 300,000 copies sold first week?

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Cause Britney is hot and I'd stick it in her multiple times.

14 yeah thats' probably part of it.... probably alot of it.

I watched a show on her last night and even though she's brought alot of it on herself I can't help but feel sorry for her just a  little bit. She wa so young when she became a megastar.  She's gotta be the biggest most pursued celebrity I've ever seen. She seems really sad. Like she's a prisoner. She even admits to hating how she must sound when she "complains" about it but she makes a good point. There's celebrities and then there's Britney Spears. The girl basically has THE life and NO life all at the same time.

yeah I just highjacked a thread to talk Britney 16

Tiger Woods is a bigger celebrity than Britney Spears.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Wow, I am shocked Kanye moved so few units. There is indeed an economic slowdown and it is hitting the music industry hard

The GnR number is disappointing. Hopefully, the album does not lose too much steam. I am optimistic they can surpass 2 million units by the end of this journey

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

14 yeah thats' probably part of it.... probably alot of it.

I watched a show on her last night and even though she's brought alot of it on herself I can't help but feel sorry for her just a  little bit. She wa so young when she became a megastar.  She's gotta be the biggest most pursued celebrity I've ever seen. She seems really sad. Like she's a prisoner. She even admits to hating how she must sound when she "complains" about it but she makes a good point. There's celebrities and then there's Britney Spears. The girl basically has THE life and NO life all at the same time.

yeah I just highjacked a thread to talk Britney 16

Tiger Woods is a bigger celebrity than Britney Spears.

but how many copies of tiger woods pga tour 09 did he sell in the first week?

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Neemo wrote:

its sad to see the fans slowly turn for the negative...i'm not giving up yet though...its still early

I love the album, but I also am a big fan of reality.  If people would not have expected 1 million the 1st week, they would not be disapointed.  I for one, though, really thought this was going to push 500K the first week, so I do not have much room to speak about overtly high expectations.  I will say this the press that this is going to receive the next 72 hours is going to be nearly 100% negative.  DJ's already are on the air calling this the bomb of the century, an unmitigated disaster, etc.  It's not going to be getting any better for the next week.  This is going to drive many who may have been considering a purchase away, and will destroy many from sharing the CD with others, as they will be embarrassed to be seen with this.  The wave of negativity is growing, and it's going to be tough to overcome.

All things considered though, fans should be happy.  The album is solid, the band progressed artistically, and the product is officially out.  They also should temper any expectations of the 2001-2007 line-up ever surfacing on stage together again.  Now that the cat is out of the bag, I believe, that concert tickets will be an even tougher sale than they were in 2002 or 2006/2007.

R.B. Huckleberry
 Rep: 2 

Neemo wrote:

its sad to see the fans slowly turn for the negative...i'm not giving up yet though...its still early

I'm with ya, Neemo! Fingers crossed.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Oooh, the plot thickens.

So now this might be an economy thing. I still think it's significant that Kanye is still gonna post like 200k more than GN'R, and GN'R are coming in at #2 after all these years.

Makes sense, what's the easiest thing out there to get out of paying for, through the internet? Music. At least in the U.S., the continuing economic stuggles I think will have illegal media downloads on the rise...

It may just end up being the downloading mother fuckers after all.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

Well, this thing will be lucky to push an additional 25K next week.  Best Buy should be ashamed of their efforts--pathetic.  They may have decided to write this thing off the books--as they need as many write-offs as possible (just about every U.S. retailer does right now--we are on the verge of the 2nd Great Depression).  This also, combined with Aguilera's exclusive Target bomb, may make Azoff think twice about these exclusives.  He struck gold with the Eagles and ACDC (Wal Mart, 4000 of them, and the demographics match up), but struck out with CA and GNR.  GNR has many fans in rural areas of the US, and they cannot afford to drive three hours both ways to buy the album, and don't have high speed internet.  I still cannot believe, though, just how pathetic Best Buy rolled this out--they did virtually nothing to push this, and in fact, almost hid the thing from the first hour onwards.  Pathetic!   

The material is there, and Axl should have released this thing in 2000 or 2001 as a solo record--where it would have pushed platinum status and would not have leaked, and would have been critically acclaimed. 

Anyone who thinks they will see GNR live again, without the top-hatted one and Duff in the mix is out of there minds.  As far as GNR is concerned, it's reunion, permanent hibernation, or bankruptcy.

I was disappointed with BB from day one. I expected a midnight sale, called every BB in Orlando, and was almost laughed at on the phone. I went in at nearly noon on Sunday and the employees are still setting up the knockdown display. No signage, no gnr on the loudspeakers, nothing.  In-store promotion has varied from store to store, but there are a number of reports that this was essentially the plan.

This is all still Axl's ball game. If he wants to come out of the mansion and promote his own product, he will find he can achieve the success he deserves.

People will find the album but the band needs to give them motivation to find a BB.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think in hind-sight, Wal-Mart was the better deal.

Swap out Riad & Sorry with two other songs, and get a bigger payday, and more record sales. Wal-Mart gave AC/DC a great push, and probably would've done the same for GN'R.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

To be fair then, wouldn't we have to consider Kanye West's new album a flop?  I mean his sales apparently are gonna fall far below what was previously predicted.  After all his last album sold 957,000 units its opening week.  Now he's not even gonna sell half that amount. 

I know we were all hoping/expecting huge sales.  But the economy is about as bad as it can get right now.  So if you want to consider the album a flop because it's only gonna sell 260k first week, you have to look at the overall numbers.  It's not like Kanye sold a million records, granted it looks like he's gonna double CD's numbers but I don't think the numbers are as bad as they look considering the times.  I know I'll probably get flamed for being an Axl nutswinger, or for making excuses, or more.  That's alright though, I can take it.  Let's be fair though, if CD is a flop, 808's and Heartbreak is too.

Yeah that's fair. Kanye though will likely have a few singles that will appeal to a wider audience. Plus he's got teh whole "club adavantage"  We'll know next week if it's due to a poor economic climate or not when Britney Spears releases her new album. If she goes upwards of a million copies in week one I thin the ecnomy theory is toast.

*guilty pleasure: I'm hoping Britney sells alot. 16 She's a nut but something about her makes me cheer for. 14

He wasn't going to come close to that 900K figure again cause he had no beef with another rapper and this really isn't a rap album he is putting out. I don't think its the economic climate. If this album had strucka nerve with people then it would have sold better.

But the public has already decided that this wasn't Guns N' Roses. If you think otherwise you need too start hanging with more people and getting out more.

The Britney CD is gonna blow up. The public has torn her down and dragged her through unimaginable shit. Now, they will build her back up. Just watch it play out.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot. I'd do her too.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

At least we can all agree on fucking Brittney Spears. 5

Board footer