You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Chinese Democracy UNDER 300,000 copies sold first week?

BLS-Pride wrote:

That's debatable but I'll just drop it. Not meant for anything but a joke my dude. 5

Mandy Moore eh? Girl girl type.. I can see that. If not Spears it would be Christina in the dirty video.. I would get dirty with her and not wash up for days. 16

Gettin a little off topic but damn.. Good old pop princesses can do that to a man.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

What is it about us man, lol?

Good 'ole sleazy rock n' roll lovin', Anything Goes & Pretty Tied Up lovin' mother fuckers, and we're horny for pop princesses.

Shame...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

What, no Jessica Simpson love here?

How about Mile ... uhh, we'll have to wait on that one.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
bigbri wrote:

What, no Jessica Simpson love here?

How about Mile ... uhh, we'll have to wait on that one.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I bought my album at Wal-mart in Canada, you guys sure they still censor CDs? I knew a guy who worked at Wal-mart in the States and he says they don't censor anything anymore.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I wouldn't fuck Britney Spears if given the chance.

I would fuck bald, crazy, c-section scarred Britney given the chance.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The guy at Wal-Mart is wrong. They still only stock censored CD's. At least in my area.

Speaking of which, I walked through Wal-Mart today, and there was AC/DC shit EVERYWHERE. Even now.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Still doesn't mean much to me.  My interest is the number of units sold within the first couple of months, in particular the first month.

How many would it have sold had it not been a Best Buy exclusive?  Best Buy isn't exactly on the same level as say a Wal-Mart. 

I still say it will do better (by a million or so) than Contraband did when the smoke clears.  To me that's successful enough.  I never thought it would be the 10 million units sold like some people dreamed of.  I guesstimate it will sale 3-3.5 million copies.

Keep in mind that the target crowd will NOT be the downloaders like most of us, it will be the guys who still buy cds at Wally-World or wherever.  I was in Wal-Mart today buying some stuff (for fuck's sake STAY AWAY from Wal-Mart until after Xmas...it's HELL!!!) and a Forty-ish looking "good 'ol boy" was looking for the album.  This isn't over.

Totally Agreed!! I think that it only being available at Best Buy could have totally hurt the sales it's first week if people don't know that it's only available there.   When they find that out, now they are going to get the album.

Agreed with both of you. I dont really get this "flop" business at all. Having it be an exclusive at a store like Best Buy really hampers its ability to sell in huge numbers. If they were looking to sell huge numbers, that was a mistake. If they wanted it to be an exclusive, Wal Mart would have been a better route. When I went to get CD on the 23rd, I had to drive an hour to get it. Sure, I wasnt going to miss it for the world, but the average Joe isnt going to drive that far. They'll just get it when its convenient for them.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Yep, I mean, Wal Mart is still pushing the hell out of AC/DC right now a couple months after the album has been released. I would have loved to have seen GNR get that kind of treatment. Best Buy was a total let down.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

Was Best Buy the let down or was Axl? It's hard to go all out for an album when the artist who recorded it doesn't show any interest.

Board footer