You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Chinese Democracy UNDER 300,000 copies sold first week?

-D- wrote:

I agree with that neemo BUT most bands start promotion 2 months before their album drops, not 2 weeks AFTER

AMA's was another hugely missed opportunity.

but oh well.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Good post Neemo.  Any of you that have known me over the years know I am a realist and hardly a nut swinger but calling it a failure now is silly.  NO I DO NOT think the Best Buy exclusive was smart, sorry...but that's the way I see it.  To me all an exclusive means is less sales.  Just an opinion.  I will tell you again the SAME THING I said BEFORE the numbers...the first week isn't what is crucial.  The second week means more to me and the first couple months the absolute most.  This album may fail but it hasn't yet and I don't expect it to.  I ABSOLUTELY expect it to sale 3 million copies (or real close to this number) before all is said and done.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I am calling it a failure just based on what AC/DC and Metallica did first week.

they were in the high 6 figures.

CD is this mythical supposed long awaited album and its way below expectations and not just in the US

Sorry if I offend any foreigners, but when u can't debut number one in Europe, thats a bad sign.

Didn't Metallica debut number 1 in like double digit countries?

Im not mad at CD the album is fantastic to me.

I am pissed at the usual unprofessionalism and total lack of a plan by GNR

WTF were u doing for 15 years to fuck up such a monumental comeback and moment?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

people were too busy trampling walmart employees today to read a press release 16

an 09 tour is being alluded too...the problem with today's society is we have no friggin patience, we want everythign now now now, well we said now now now for 10+ years before we got the album....Axl's gonna make sure that its on his terms to break the silence...he will but it just hasnt happened yet, the man is an enigma, to have so many people waiting just to hear him say something, but the album being out is a gigantic step....but its also gonna be baby steps at the same time....this next move for Axl is huge, now he has to sell his new band

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

I agree with that neemo BUT most bands start promotion 2 months before their album drops, not 2 weeks AFTER.

but this is Axl we're talking about we amy not see an interview until 2 months after release 16

D-Machine wrote:

AMA's was another hugely missed opportunity.

but oh well.

there is always the superbowl to look forward to 14

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

People!  Chinese Democracy is not a failure!  It did just fine.  But I can tell you why it hasn't reached number 1 though and I predict that nobody will like the reasons.

The 1st reason that CD didn't reach no1 is simple.  People know that this is NOT a Guns N' Roses record.  It may say Guns N' Roses on the album but everybody knows that this is in reality an Axl Rose solo album.  So to those who say that the GNR name lost some value I'm not so sure about that.  Slash, Duff, Izzy and Axl's names have MAY have lost some value when they are solo but not necesarilly the GNR name.  And before I get accused of hating the album.  Just because CD is an Axl Rose solo album doesn't take anything away from it.  It's a very good record but people are tired of solo projects from those guys and side projects such as VR.

2nd reason it hasn't reached number 1 is the lack of promo and all the false starts from Axl.  This doesn't need further explanation as we've all said all that is to be said about this.

Now what does it take to bring GNR back on top.  It takes what even I do not want and that is a reunion.  GNR wether we like it or not is Axl, Izzy, Slash and Duff (the drummer can be either Popcorn or Asshole Sorum err Matt Sorum).  The new album other than Axl's voice does NOT sound like a GNR record, theres no need to lie to ourselves.  And the reason it doesn't sound like Guns N' Roses is simple.  When the Guns N' Roses songs were written on past albums one of the main music writers was Izzy and Slash and Duff contributed as well.  And when you had songs that were written by Axl well Izzy, Slash and Duff would play thoses songs like a Guns N' Roses song cause they were the ones that created their sound.  I'm not saying that the musicians on CD are not good.  They were all good and Bucket is perhaps an even better guitarist than Slash.  But Bucket has his style and fortunately it is different.  I know that I'll get flames for this post, but unfortunately I am right on this one.  Ask Nikki Sixx.  He's learned it the hard way.

Sky Dog wrote:

people do know it is not the original lineup...no question and that has a lot to do with everything, but....but....AXL doesn't care what everyone else thinks. Is that not obvious? (I am not arguing...just sayin). Really, complete silence. It is very impressive and disturbing at the same time.

gnfnraxl wrote:

It's a very good record but people are tired of solo projects from those guys and side projects such as VR.

VR isn't a side project.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

It's a very good record but people are tired of solo projects from those guys and side projects such as VR.

VR isn't a side project.

It is when you take it from the Joe Public's side.  And that's simple.  When people see Slash, Duff and Asshole oups Matt Sorum play with Weiland and some other guitarist, all Joe and Jill public is saying is that this is really close to being GNR so why can't they go get Izzy and Axl?  And the way VR is right now I'd say it was a side project.  tongue

And madagas.  I know Axl don't care¸what everybody thinks.  That's always been more than obvious.  But he needs to realise that the GNR name is of no value to him without those other guys.  As a matter of fact I think it would've done better if he had released CD under Axl Rose.  Sad but true.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

VR is not a side project.

If GN'R reunite, VR is over. The guys will go back to GN'R, and continue their solo careers on the side, Axl included.

Board footer