You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Star Wars Thread *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!*

Axlin16 wrote:

Everytime I see the end to Jedi (the new one) and see the new characters CGI'ed in there, I fucking erupt and go "you fuckin' cocksucker" and turn it off before the credits role.

Thanks GEORGE

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

ebay.ca has the blueray 9 disk set right now for $74.99 w/ free shipping w/in canada

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:
Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

So as we approach the first ever (and certainly not the last) release of Star Wars on blu-ray, more and more info is coming to light about EVEN MORE changes Lucas has made to the original trilogy.

You know what Vader "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" we all hate from Sith? Well now it makes a completely unnecessary appearance in a pivotal scene in Jedi:
[youtube]eGaSxSuB2vY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

That cannot be real? That's is fucking terrible! As an artist and a movie maker does george Lucas have no cncept fo tellinga  story though emotiona nd atmopshere. the original version was fucking perfect and now it's incredibly tainted if that is in fact real. It loses all artistic merit this way. F-ing disgraceful.  As was the redit of Empire when they give away the fact Vader is Luke's song earlier in the movie. Lucas is a genius but he's also the biggest fucking clown ever..... aside from Michael bay who fucked the Transformers franchise.

I know I know, pure shit and a very bad call.

That said they did get some things right on the DVD release, like fixing up yoda in ep1

[youtube]eOqzHTWK8B4&feature=related[/youtube]

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I was never a fan of "Han shooting second" but other than that i've been ok with the other changes - as they do sort of bring the sound and effects up to modern standards and made the DVD versions better than my VHS copy.

I was pumped for the BD version.

But this darth thing really has given me doubts. Like that fucks with the entire dramatic tension of the ending.

It's bad enough the "nooo" sequence is EP3 that was basicly tacky to the point of people laughing in the cinema, but adding it to EP6 is a fucking sin.

Also dont like the idea of messign with the ewoks.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

If that "no" deal had been in there from the start and taken away on this new release thing you would complain that it wasn't there.

"They dear to fuck with the original scenes? Fuck em all!!" 19

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Just watched Sith twice in a row. Once regular then once with the commentary on. The picture and sound quality are nothing short of fucking amazing.

Sith is VASTLY underrated. Right up there with Empire imho.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Of the three new films, yeah, Revenge of the Sith is the best, but it still doesn't come close to the original three.

Board footer