You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: The Star Wars Thread *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!*

Axl S wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I know what you mean, he does a god job, but under Qui Gon's guidance would Anakin still turn out evil? He'd have to die pretty early on or the original canon would've been disturbed, Obi-Wan talks about personally training him from practically the start.

Perhaps have him die in episode II. First half could be him with Anakin with him dying at the hands of Count Dooku but not being able to alert the Jedi to Dooku's existance as a sith lord. Then have the second half of the film be set ten years later. Could have been done had a lot of the useless undeeded crap was cut from Episode II.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I love them all except maybe episode 1 which i still like. Was'nt it meant to be 9 episodes originally? 3 set before the old movies and 3 set after. Also i heard they are gonna be making a live action tv series too does anyone know if this is true.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah its true but its not supposed to have any jedi or darth vader at all...its basically going to be the period of time from sith to new hope and about the formation of the rebellion against the empire

last i heard anyway...plans always change

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Sounds cool all the same, if done right it could be a good way to flesh out more of the story from the books..

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Regardless of the issues, i'd still enjoy something in-between, Sith & New Hope.

Problem is, Lucas would have to go back and re-edit, and re-issue home video's, to represent New Hope as Episode VII, Empire as Episode VIII, and Jedi as Episode IX. roll

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

One thing I don't mind him doing is continuing it on after Episode Six. Because in terms of character development he could reinvent them and have events that justify it. In all honesty it's the closest to a clean slate he's gonna get to this series without having to piss off more fans and go back and re-edit.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

picked up the clone wars animated series season one on DVD today

pretty good deal cost me about $40

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Axl S wrote:

One thing I don't mind him doing is continuing it on after Episode Six.

that story is already told

Heir to the Empire trilogy, by Timothy Zahn basically Luke has been trainign Leia, who is pregnant with twins (fathered by Solo), a new admiral is ressurecting the remnants of the empirial fleet and also is searching for dark jedi to help the empire regain controlof the galazy from the republic

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Neemo wrote:

picked up the clone wars animated series season one on DVD today

pretty good deal cost me about $40

Wow, where at?

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axl S wrote:

One thing I don't mind him doing is continuing it on after Episode Six.

that story is already told

Heir to the Empire trilogy, by Timothy Zahn basically Luke has been trainign Leia, who is pregnant with twins (fathered by Solo), a new admiral is ressurecting the remnants of the empirial fleet and also is searching for dark jedi to help the empire regain controlof the galazy from the republic

Granted it was done in "Expanded Universe" material, but to be honest Lucas could just do what he wants and dismiss anything that disagrees as not canon. Like I said earlier, the closest Lucas can get to a clean slate story wise is continuing the story. If he does prequels more chance of fucking up already established characters and contradicting his later plot points. Continuing eliminates that risk and gives him a much larger scope.

Board footer