You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: The Star Wars Thread *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!*

slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

How fans of this stuff don't revolt is beyond me. People cream their jeans every time Lucas does a re-release with a trillionth of a nanosecond clip of Yoda added.

When Lucas dies, it'll be from laughing while splicing one of these clips into a film.

Pretty much.  At this point every DVD will get a rerelease with either a special directors cut (or longer version) or a special remastered version or a bluray upgrade.  It makes very little scene to buy a dvd that is new release because at some point it will get rereleased with some extra stuff further down the line.

tejastech08 wrote:

Fuck the shitty prequels. I'm not paying double the price just to get the first three movies in HD. I'm not buying it until they release the original trilogy by itself.

Yup.  Or they could just release the movies separately and let the consumer decide what to buy.  Coppola did this with the Godfather movies.  The trilogy costs $48.  But each film was rereleased early this year on BD.  The first two were on sale for $11.99 each.  So you could have just saved a bunch of money by just buying the first two and skipping the third one.

It also pays to wait as all blurays at some point will go on sale.  No need to toss away cash and pay full MSRP.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

At least he blew a load. His buddy Steven is still jacking off.

Won't disagree with that. One of the most overrated directors - ever. The best films Spielberg was ever apart of, he produced, not directed.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Disagree there. Steven has a way of making things look wonderful IMO. It's sort of a sence of hyper-realism.

Even his sories that are plot light - such as lost world - say "The lost world" look amazing visually - and I don't mean just the effects - it's the choice of shots and stuff. Watch the trailer scene in the lost world and you see what I mean.

Then there's films like Raiders of the Lost ark.....he just captures magic.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Won't disagree with that. One of the most overrated directors - ever. The best films Spielberg was ever apart of, he produced, not directed.

on IMDB he has the following movie director credits....

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)
Munich (2005)
War of the Worlds (2005)
The Terminal (2004)
Catch Me If You Can (2002)
Minority Report (2002)
Artificial Intelligence: AI (2001)
The Unfinished Journey (1999)
Saving Private Ryan (1998)
Amistad (1997)
The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)
Schindler's List (1993)
Jurassic Park (1993)
Hook (1991)
Always (1989)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
Empire of the Sun (1987)
The Color Purple (1985)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983) (segment 2)
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
1941 (1979)
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
Jaws (1975)

as well as writers credits on Goonies, CLose encounters and Poltergiest...to say that he's overrated or whatever is juts crazy talk hmm

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I like the prequels.  neutral

Except for the whiny kid.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i like them too buzz..i watched them again for the first time after a few years and they really are well done once you get outside of the hype

hayden chistianson and ewan mcgregor had some amazing chemstry, and the lightsaber duels are amazing...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

on IMDB he has the following movie director credits....

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)
Munich (2005)
War of the Worlds (2005)
The Terminal (2004)
Catch Me If You Can (2002)
Minority Report (2002)
Artificial Intelligence: AI (2001)
The Unfinished Journey (1999)
Saving Private Ryan (1998)
Amistad (1997)
The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)
Schindler's List (1993)
Jurassic Park (1993)
Hook (1991)
Always (1989)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
Empire of the Sun (1987)
The Color Purple (1985)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983) (segment 2)
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
1941 (1979)
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
Jaws (1975)

as well as writers credits on Goonies, CLose encounters and Poltergiest...to say that he's overrated or whatever is juts crazy talk hmm

Saving Private Ryan is a great film.

Excluding that, the Back To The Future Trilogy trumps every single film on that list. Steven also was a producer on both Band of Brothers & The Pacific on HBO, which despite being TV series, are also better than almost all the films on that list.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

George Lucas reportedly creating Star Wars sequel trilogy (that's not about the Skywalkers)

Big honking Saturday morning rumor here! According to IESB.net, George Lucas will be creating a new trilogy once the first six Star Wars movies go 3D. This echoes what Lucas did in the 1990s after the original trilogy was rereleased.

When you check the link, IESB.net may be down from a traffic surge, but here are the pertinent details:

George Lucas is plotting to create new Star Wars movies at the ultra top-secret Skywalker Ranch. This is deja vu of the mid '90s when Uncle George start[ed] tweaking the Holy Trilogy to gear up for the Special Editions. [...] These new film will have nothing to do with the live action television series currently in development. That show already has over 50 scripts ready to go and plenty of pre-production time and money has been spent on artwork and storyboards. Once that show goes into production, Lucasfilm hopes to be able to produce at least 100 episodes since that is the threshold for syndication in the United States [...Fans] can expect the new trilogy after the entire saga is released in 3D which is expected to be complete around 2015 or 2016.

Also, the trilogy is reported to kick off approximately 24 months after the 3Ding of Return of the Jedi, and the next three episodes (which could be either Episodes 7-9 or 10-12) could possibly "occur as far as 100 years or 1,000 years in the Star Wars universe future." Furthermore, the IESB source claims that the movie will not focus on the Skywalker clan.

IESB's broken a couple pretty big scoops (including Joss Whedon being tapped to direct The Avengers and the PG-13 rating of Revenge of the Sith), but it's a rumor that should nonetheless be taken with a grain of salt.

UPDATE: Underwire reports that Lucasfilm has denied the possibility of a new trilogy, but that's expected either way.

-------------------

INTERESTING

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YES YES YES YES YES

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

So he's going to run it further into the ground? Wonderful.

Board footer