You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: AXL goes AWOL

bigbri wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Maybe Axl is retiring. Maybe he released this just so we'd stop waiting and bugging him, and to end the bad press about it and now he just wants to live his life and is done with the music industry. 

hope not. But it's possible.

The Steve Perry theory. I've been floating this out there but no one's biting.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Axl being absent makes me feel quite uncomfortable and embaressed to tell you the truth. I've been promoting and supporting this forever and when it's here, the man simply disappears.

I would be just as embaressed if a reunion happened within the next year.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I'm not surprised if Axl feels uncomfortable. Releasing an album can be a strange new situation for him.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

lol

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Only thing that would embaress me more is if he joins Slash, Izzy and Duff and goes to do AFD tours again

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Maybe Axl is retiring. Maybe he released this just so we'd stop waiting and bugging him, and to end the bad press about it and now he just wants to live his life and is done with the music industry. 

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Right now I have a hard time imagining him carrying on with this new band and continuing to release new material, but I also can't imagine him getting on board with a reunion. Seems as if he is at a cross roads right now.

Jessica, I can easily imagine that. He very well could be feeling fed up or extremely insecure and vulnerable at the moment.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
bigbri wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The Steve Perry theory. I've been floating this out there but no one's biting.

It's certianly possible. 

I think most people don't want to bite because they don't want to think about Axl retiring and never releasing music again. 

He certainly deserves a life away from all the press and media attention. 

I think with him though, he'll be back someday.  He doesn't seem content with not having his voice heard.  That's why every song on CD is introspective to a large degree.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I'd be willing to bet that if we can see this isn't a band than Axl sure as hell knows it's not a band. This can't be what he hoped for. he wanetd it to be Guns N' Roses. Well that never materialized.  Instead it did become an Axl Rose solo project and more people now than ever admit it.  It's Axl and his many hired Guns who produced a sound which in my opinion he likely isn't satisfied with. I honestly believe he put it out to wash his hands of it. The label took it and now it's done. He's not happy with the result so he feels no desire to promote it.  I woudln't be surprised if Axl wants to be part of a real band for a change. What better guys out there than  oh I don't know.......

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:

I'd be willing to bet that if we can see this isn't a band than Axl sure as hell knows it's not a band. This can't be what he hoped for. he wanetd it to be Guns N' Roses. Well that never materialized.  Instead it did become an Axl Rose solo project and more people now than ever admit it.  It's Axl and his many hired Guns who produced a sound which in my opinion he likely isn't satisfied with. I honestly believe he put it out to wash his hands of it. The label took it and now it's done. He's not happy with the result so he feels no desire to promote it.  I woudln't be surprised if Axl wants to be part of a real band for a change. What better guys out there than  oh I don't know.......

"What is in the stores is not the "final" master approved by Axl.
He has changed it several times since then."-posted at the Velvet Rope today from a guy who has been very accurate about the album. 18

No Axl, horrendous errors on the lyrics in the booklet (obviously done by someone at the record label who can't tell what Axl is saying)....something is wrong.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

axl must have gotten suckered at the negotiating table by management and/or label

Board footer