You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: AXL goes AWOL

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

"What is in the stores is not the "final" master approved by Axl.
He has changed it several times since then."-posted at the Velvet Rope today from a guy who has been very accurate about the album. 18

No Axl, horrendous errors on the lyrics in the booklet (obviously done by someone at the record label who can't tell what Axl is saying)....something is wrong.

If that's the case than Axl is mentally ill in a real bad way. This album is out and who the hell would care about his "final mix" now. I sure as hell am not interested in another version of Better with a few different beeps and pops here and there along with another layer of Axl vocals. If he's still working on an album that's already out the guy needs to be committed.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i think it means they took the version that they ended up using a few months ago, while axl was promising the final in a certain amount of time. they ended up running with it and leaving axl out of the rest of the process.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

makes sense if you agree that this smells of inner turmoil
maybe they did play hardball with axl or sucker the album out of his tightly clenched fingertips.

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl is fucked up no doubt...the whole saga is fucked up. However, if you recall Bob Ludwig said he got the final mixes for mastering in October 2008. Go back and read that article from him. The whole thing is insane and I have no desire either to hear yet another mix.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
huntermc wrote:

The reunion theories remind me a lot of the KISS reunion in 1996 or so. For the non KISS fans out there, the sans-makeup lineup had a solid album with Revenge in 1992 and had recorded an equally strong follow up a few years later with Carnival of Souls. But before that was released, a few impromptu reunions with Ace and Peter at some Kiss conventions evolved into the unexpectedly successful KISS Unplugged. After that, a full makeup reunion with the original lineup was inevitable, but what to do with the already recorded Carnival album? Around 1997, the songs were leaked on the internet (much like Chinese Democracy) forcing the band to do a half-assed release they dubbed "Carnival of Souls - The Final Sessions" for which they did virtually no promotion. After that, they released a much-hyped reunion album, Psycho Circus (complete with 3-D music video, Todd McFarlane comic book, and action figures) which proceeded to suck balls.

It kinda worries me that Chinese Democracy could end up being much like Carnival - a great album that wound up as little more than an afterthought forgotten in the reunion hype. And even if they did try to record Appetite Part II with Duff, Izzy, and Slash back in tow, it would end up being a steaming pile of shit like Psycho Circus.

Carnival of Souls quality, is really subjective. Chinese Democracy is Appetite For Destruction, compared to an album like that.

I don't think Carnival was all that strong, and if anything showed that the unmasked-KISS had hit a brick wall in terms of direction and their future.

Unmasked-KISS had also toured, REGULARLY, for 15 years, and released several platinum albums, and hit songs, proving that they were marketable post-makeup. Even with the success of Revenge in 1992, with rock dying, even interest in a highly popular band - KISS - was drying up by the mid 90's. Thus the move towards a reunion. Now, imo, the novelty act reunion thing has ran it's course, and it's not really even a reunion anymore. It's time to unmask for the sake of music again. But, KISS are stuck, because they are pretty irrelevant in the mainstream, and need that gimmick. Catch 22.

New GN'R is a bit different. It never did get off the ground, and Axl has shown an extreme lack of interest in the project at this point. He seems to just be tired. Normally, I would say - retirement. But like a Steve Perry, Axl never really came out of retirement. 6 months, bunched together, twice, in fifteen years - don't count. No matter how you slice it.

The man also seemed really happy in 2006, and has shown he still has a drive to perform, leading me to believe that a reunion, would be more likely, than once again fading away.

Maybe he doesn't care. The rest of the world has moved on, that is proven in sales & hype. There is none.

CD also is far more legendary than Carnival. CD will never just fade away. It'll be legendary for being 'The Axl album', it's mythical wait, it coming out, and 20 years from now, it will be talked about still, in the same breath as Brian Wilson's Smile. AFD & CD will always be remembered imo, for opposite reasons. AFD for it's music, CD for it's vast change in direction & wait. It'll be the UYI albums that will probably be forgotton. Other than Rain & YCBM, and two covers, Axl pretty much ignores them at this point too. And the sad thing of it all - their two strongest tracks ever (Estranged & Coma) came off those records.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Guitarist IZZY STRADLIN has said he is keen to see the original members back

Anyone else see this? I wonder is this from the source or where are they getting this from. I doubt its true tho. I don't think a reunion will happen but -

I kinda hope there is a reunion just to shut all them boys up at htgth - jarmo, jim bob, chineseblues and adz. I've never seen someone hate someone else as much as they hate Slash. Every little thing he does is analysed to make him look like an asshole. I wonder if they really mean everything they or do they realise how rediculous they sound. There comes a point where you have to let it go - we know you hate Slash - no need to troll every thread till someone says something stupid and then they get to ban or give karma to a "Slash-loving hater of the current band."

They assume that anyone who dares suggest something Slash says might be the truth or that Slash doesn't have an agenda in saying something, that they are obviously are a troll and hate the new band. Its pathetic. I pointed out that all the people who were defending Slash were massive fans of Axl, the current lineup and Chinese Democracy but nobody responded to that.

I just want to see them backtrack if the old lineup get back together.

Then again they have been caught out before with Richard Fortus playing with Rhianna and Shackler's Revenge on Rock Band. There explanations were pathetic - "Richard was just a session musician". WTF. He played live!! If anything thats worse coz he was cashing big pay cheque. Not that I care, hes perfectly entitled to, but so is Slash. They came up with any little difference between the two and use that to explain even if it makes no sense.

So if they complain about Slash doing something, then Axl does the same thing later, then they called on it, they same something like

"Its ok for Axl coz he has red hair"

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I have never gotten JB & CB's gay freakin' love fest for Richard Fortus.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
estrangedpaul wrote:

Guitarist IZZY STRADLIN has said he is keen to see the original members back

Anyone else see this? I wonder is this from the source or where are they getting this from. I doubt its true tho. I don't think a reunion will happen but -

I kinda hope there is a reunion just to shut all them boys up at htgth - jarmo, jim bob, chineseblues and adz. I've never seen someone hate someone else as much as they hate Slash. Every little thing he does is analysed to make him look like an asshole. I wonder if they really mean everything they or do they realise how rediculous they sound. There comes a point where you have to let it go - we know you hate Slash - no need to troll every thread till someone says something stupid and then they get to ban or give karma to a "Slash-loving hater of the current band."

They assume that anyone who dares suggest something Slash says might be the truth or that Slash doesn't have an agenda in saying something, that they are obviously are a troll and hate the new band. Its pathetic. I pointed out that all the people who were defending Slash were massive fans of Axl, the current lineup and Chinese Democracy but nobody responded to that.

I just want to see them backtrack if the old lineup get back together.

Then again they have been caught out before with Richard Fortus playing with Rhianna and Shackler's Revenge on Rock Band. There explanations were pathetic - "Richard was just a session musician". WTF. He played live!! If anything thats worse coz he was cashing big pay cheque. Not that I care, hes perfectly entitled to, but so is Slash. They came up with any little difference between the two and use that to explain even if it makes no sense.

So if they complain about Slash doing something, then Axl does the same thing later, then they called on it, they same something like

"Its ok for Axl coz he has red hair"

I am the same way and thanks for defending me over there in that thread.

I am a troll that hates Axl but yet I have a massive fucking tattoo of the guy on my forearm. I just don't get it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I have never gotten JB & CB's gay freakin' love fest for Richard Fortus.

while way too funny...please dont insult them..this isnt the place for that 19

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

I am a troll that hates Axl but yet I have a massive fucking tattoo of the guy on my forearm. I just don't get it.

the tattoo helps you keep your hatred fueled for forum bashing 16

Board footer