You are not logged in. Please register or login.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

Re: Reason Axl Rose not promoting album?

GNRBABY wrote:

guys, don't belivie this crap. Axl will break his scilence soon.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Bono wrote:
jppgnr wrote:

People allways say that, and i disagree, it's not that they dont think it's a gnr album, it's just that they simply dont care about gnr anymore.
When you have artists like Kanye, beyonce, 50 cent ruling the charts, wtf did you expect?

Its allmost a miracle that CD sold 300k, and in the end that doesnt matter, as long as we the fans are happy with it (and i am very happy) who gives a crap what everyone else thinks?

i'm sorry if my english sucks, im from argentina

No way. Not a chance in hell. If Slash was all over this thing and it was common knowldege this was a true Guns N' Roses album it'd be selling much better. the world may not go apeshit over Gn'R anymore but people do still care about real Guns N' Roses. You mean to say the world doesn't care about Gn'R but they do care about Metallica and AC/DC? They're all kind of in the same boat as far as nostalgic appeal goes.

I agree and nothing would be bigger than the original band getting back together. It would right all the wrongs in the world. People would eat that shit up like candy.

The only thing bigger than the original GN'R reuniting would be Zeppelin or Floyd. Floyd was offered $250 million to tour after their AMAZING performance at Live 8 a couple years ago. They turned it down. Zeppelin is on a similar level, if not bigger. Then again, Zeppelin died with John Bonham and that's the way it should remain.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
jppgnr wrote:

Yeah thats what i say, i mean, neither metallica or ac/dc went on a 15 years hiatus.

C'mon gnr as only a 7 year career: 87-94(not to disrespect the actual band wich i love), while acdc has a 30plus year career, metallica 20+ years with touring and the release of new music.

GnR is just not that important right now.

Oh, and slash is as dead to the public eye or even more than gnr is.
Nobody else gives a crap if slash is in gnr other than slash fans.

Here is a real easy way to explain this ok:

When Vince Neil tours under "Vince Neil and has a backing band that arent named Tommy,Nikki and Mick he opens for bands even though he is playing the same material

When Vince plays with a band named Motley Crue with Nikki,Tommy and Mick, not only do they sell out arenas but they  headline their own festival

See what I am saying?

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Why is it inevitable someone invokes Slash and how this record would have done better with him on it? If Slash were in this band, this record would be something completely different; he wasn't interested in Axl's choices. It is reasonable to believe a compromise would have produced a completely different product and no one knows how that would have sounded. Could have been out of date crap....

As for the 'Axl mix', I just don't think it makes a difference. How much better could it have been save for the few production errors we heard in the recording? Maybe close-repeat listeners can pick it up, but these errors hardly compromise the overall melody and texture of the song.

I call BS on any report that Axl is boycotting b/c of mix issues.

Sky Dog wrote:

"give us some scoop.....it will be more interesting than the record. What the hell happened to cause Axl to disappear and do NO promo? "

"I doubt he ever planned on doing any promo. As for disappearing, he hasn't. He's working on the next version of the packaging, as he isn't satisfied with the current version.

There will probably be a revised version with new artwork and new master, but a deluxe is most likely a no go."

"Irving says thank you Gary Arnold for taking in 1.5 million units at 9 bucks a clip, one way.

Jimmy thanks him as well and poor Adler begs for the reunion."

quotes from the rope.:|

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

axl needs to let it go...its done its out time to move on

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Slash could have been in the band, and it still wouldnt have sold great if it was a Best Buy exclusive.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

madagas wrote:

"give us some scoop.....it will be more interesting than the record. What the hell happened to cause Axl to disappear and do NO promo? "

"I doubt he ever planned on doing any promo. As for disappearing, he hasn't. He's working on the next version of the packaging, as he isn't satisfied with the current version.

There will probably be a revised version with new artwork and new master, but a deluxe is most likely a no go."

"Irving says thank you Gary Arnold for taking in 1.5 million units at 9 bucks a clip, one way.

Ok, so if Best Buy still has 1.3 million in stock, with no chance in hell of moving much more than 100K of this product, who in the world does Axl think is going to distribute this?  Moreover, there has to be restrictions in place regarding re-distribution if Best Buy has an exclusive.  What a cluster-fuck--the emperor truly has no clothes.  Really, I have no clue about his personal life, and could care less, but one wonders if those in his close circle are really giving him rational advice?  He is ruining his career, and his behavior strikes one as truly syd barrett style insane--not cool rock star insane.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:
madagas wrote:

Really, I have no clue about his personal life, and could care less, but one wonders if those in his close circle are really giving him rational advice?  He is ruining his career, and his behavior strikes one as truly syd barrett style insane--not cool rock star insane.

Well, I hope he is not syd-style insane, because I would feel pretty shitty about some of the things I've said about him over the years.

It may seem overly sensitive to some, but if he reads the forums like we think, who knows what kind of thoughts he gets from what he reads. That's one reason I never got in on the Britney bashing. She was a sick individual with kids to take care of.  Being insane isn't cool. If you had someone close to you who were, you'd figure it out real quick.

Board footer