You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Reason Axl Rose not promoting album?

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

What's sad is this release could have ended the angst and agression in the fanbase. Axl seems sensitive to the fan's responce. We've been told that he's got upset about 'negtivity' and so on , and there is the way other boards have been censored etc. A LOT of people were pissy about the delays and all that....had this album come out, gone #1 and been promoted normally...i think a lot of people would move on and be happy...ok you'd still get the reunion folks who have an ax to grind at any non-traditional line up - but now this situation seems to be actually making people pissier...the reunion people are still unhappy - and the CD era fans are wondering why its being done this way. What i mean is - the fan base is going to appear ungrateful - he gave us the album - now we're bitching about the way its gone down - but what they probably don't see is that it's almost like they pathalogicly found a new way to make it happen. Unless this turns out to be some kind of masterplan (like a new album is dropped with massive tour or somethign insnane like that) - then it's like Axl pathalogiclly harms his own interests from time to time. As at the end of the day all this sort of thing does is cost him sales and potential fans. It's wierd.

I wonder if it's to do with his emotional state. The release was big for some of us. Imagine how it must be to him. Maybe he's just needed the vacation or something...but it's a shame.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Now ain't the time for a vacation. Time to man up cowboy...

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Axl deserves a lot of blame for the lackluster sales thus far.

He needs to be out there, a RS interview, a sit down.....something. Even an acoustic performance of Sailing would be awesome.

Silence apparently isn't golden, or even platinum.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

I still say don't bury Chinese until the New Year.

Oh I agree. We have to see if Better gets off the launch pad before funeral arrangements are made for the album.

However, its not looking good and there's really no way to sugarcoat these sales numbers. It has been rejected by the masses, but that doesn't mean it cant catch on soon.

Next week's sales numbers are going to be a big deciding factor because all the hardcore fans buying multiple copies will not be a factor in sales.

I don't think it was a rejection, but rather a shrug. No one has been motivated to buy the record. There is some stuff to hear, but if the average listener didn't go to myspace, where would they hear it?

Better is a start, as I have said. Let's see if there is any effect.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

I just posted what the guy said at the Velvet Rope a second ago.

"What is in the stores is not the "final" master approved by Axl.
He has changed it several times since then."

That's hilarious.

He's still working on it? 14

His hangers on need to give him the same advice they gave people who were waiting for this album.....

Stop living in the past.

Ok, so if Best Buy still has 1.3 million in stock, with no chance in hell of moving much more than 100K of this product, who in the world does Axl think is going to distribute this?

Best Buy will unload these for $5.99 each at some point. Maybe even cheaper. They do it with other discs.

Correctamundo!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Random bump but makes for some interesting reading.

However I'm looking for the thread where we posted our CD tracklist running order, is it gone?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

It's always somebody elses fault except Axl's.

Board footer