You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

Re: 8 reasons why Chinese Democracy stiffed

BurningHills wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I watched "Home Alone" last night, and the city 'Scranton' stuck out in my head from that scene with John Candy and the Polka players. 14

Scarily accurate - this city loves it's polkas.

The local PBS affiliates holds a live polka show every Saturday.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Pretty good overall.  My casual GNR friends think the album fucking sucks and the more I listen to it, the more I tend to agree.  Its just not that good.  Period.  It really isn't.  I am now starting not to like Sorry.  I think I listened to it too much.

Funny how quick I lost my interest in the album. I listened it like 10 times and I don't feel any need to listen it again. A few songs, sometimes, yes, but I'm shocked that after two weeks I got bored of it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i'm bored of the previously leaked songs, other than catcher and twat

haven't gotten sick of sorry or this i love though

the joke became a reality. we were ready for album 2 before 1 was released.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
BurningHills wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I watched "Home Alone" last night, and the city 'Scranton' stuck out in my head from that scene with John Candy and the Polka players. 14

An idea for the next album? Axl does the hits in polka form, featuring nursery rhyme solos from Buckethead. bucket

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
BurningHills wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

An idea for the next album? Axl does the hits in polka form, featuring nursery rhyme solos from Buckethead. bucket

As long as he leaves the liederhosen at home, I'm all for it.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Dream Theater's epics make Axl look like some cover band frontman working the local bars in SCRANTON.

lol, so true. DT's (complex) music is based on the musicians' greatness and amazing technical skills. GN'R was never that cathegory. Only BH is that. So it sounds very forced and out of place, when a band, full of Fincks, Stinsons (or Duffs, Izzys) try to make a 'complex' album, just for the sake of it. The result isn't anything complex, but a pointless gallery of simple songs with some potential, but killed by the tons of layers stuck together for no reason.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

CD is loaded with stunningly amazing songs imo, but when people go "there's nothing else like this. Axl's done it again. These are amazing epics"

Dream Theater has been doing songs like that, and vastly better, since 1989/1992.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Yeah, I admit, I listen to Sorry and This  I love every once in a while now but I am pretty much bored of it.

I am actually listening to old GNR right now and still loving it after 17 years. Dont Damn Me eats Chinese Democracy rocker's souls!

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Eh, i'd take CD over DDM.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

Yeah, I admit, I listen to Sorry and This  I love every once in a while now but I am pretty much bored of it.

I am actually listening to old GNR right now and still loving it after 17 years. Dont Damn Me eats Chinese Democracy rocker's souls!

I agree here. Both on a musical level and on a lyrics level.

Board footer