You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: What song(s) have grown on you the most?

misterID wrote:

Yeah, my favorite off the album is If The World, and the demo version was my least favorite of all the new songs.

TWAT has grown on me. I was hard on that track mostly because it was my favorite at one time, but the overproduction killed it for me. I still hate the cookie monster vocals in the chorus, but I hate it a lot less than I used to.

The lyrics in Sorry live up to its name. Except for the cool chorus and ending the lyrics are pretty lame and generic. I would say its the ballad version of Shotgun Blues.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Sorry has really grown on me.  I found it nearly made me cringe hearing the way he delivers the 'I don't want to do it' line at first but I've got over it now and can enjoy the song.

I always skip Madagascar and I can't warm to This I Love, yet.  Regardless of what our anticipations were, we've got a good album.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

I had no anticipations because there were a yhing or two i hadn't liked whezn hearing them live.

Now i have the album, i am very surprised and all for the best.

I LOVE this album.

I friggin love it.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
luckylittlelady wrote:

Sorry has really grown on me.  I found it nearly made me cringe hearing the way he delivers the 'I don't want to do it' line at first but I've got over it now and can enjoy the song.

I always skip Madagascar and I can't warm to This I Love, yet.  Regardless of what our anticipations were, we've got a good album.

That was the same line that turned me against it initially, so weird.  It almost sounds like something from Wayne's World, like that stupid song they did (Pain Machine?) the way he delivers that line.  After listening to it a few times the rest of the song really makes up for the weak beginning and has really grown on me as well.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
luckylittlelady wrote:

That was the same line that turned me against it initially, so weird.  It almost sounds like something from Wayne's World, like that stupid song they did (Pain Machine?) the way he delivers that line.  After listening to it a few times the rest of the song really makes up for the weak beginning and has really grown on me as well.

Yeah that line has to be the worst vocals on the album. The song hasn't grown on me though, I think it's ok.

Prostitute is the song that probably "grew" on me the most. I didn't like the leak (any of the 3 new ones), heard it & thought, well that's the end of the album... but now I do like the song, think it's one of the better songs on the album, wish it had a longer outtro, I like how peaceful it becomes. Almost as if it's Axl saying "Mission Accomplished".

CITR is the song that surprised me the most, I wouldn't say it "grew" on me, because I was impressed & liked it alot from the start. I didn't think much of the leak of it.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

PaSnow wrote:

CITR is the song that surprised me the most, I wouldn't say it "grew" on me, because I was impressed & liked it alot from the start. I didn't think much of the leak of it.

I always liked CITR well enough but I'd put it in my top 3 on CD at the moment, I love the final version.

Damn Slinger, I'm off work sick today and bored to tears, you've made me really want to watch Wayne's World and I don't have it!

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

I find the over production so disturbing I had to put this down after a first listen,.  My cousins really like it and are looking at me like why don't you like it, I suppose because to me it in no way comes close to the kind of work I expect out of Axl, it seems thrown together,  after this long I just resent that. maybe i will listen again after the first of the year. Thought the band when they toured sounded far better than this sounds. All those guitar players and nothing stands out, no single in the whole damn bunch, just not a well thought out release in my opinion. Maybe next time after all this shit is out of the garden hose he will show us some clean clear water again, this seems like fodder.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Sorry, ITW, Scraped

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Surprisingly enough, IRS. Never really cared much for the song, but when I hear it on the album now I get quite pumped up. Have the done something diffrent in the final mix?

Shacklers Revenge, Sorry have both grown on me too.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
luckylittlelady wrote:

16 I think that line was made fun of in one of the reviews. The guy was talking about how Axl's obbsessionw ith using layers and layers of vocals and in that song he decided to "go with the mexican vampire voice"

For me the album has grown stale. Pretty much exactly what I thought would happen for me. I was the same with the leaks. The early fascination with the songs quickly dissapeard. The songs don't have any lasting staying power in my personal opinion so rather than grow on me I've grown tired of them. Though I think the one song that did grow on me most was probably Prostitute.  That's the one song I can't help but think how awesome it would be if Axl had recorded it in 1991-95. I think it's an epic song that suffers from over production and an artificial sound.

Board footer