You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Killing Vector and Bono, you guys are cracking me up tonight!  Ha.  KV, the album is a fucking bomb.  All the songs were on myspace and GNR celebrated the 987million listens and only sold 300,000+ copies in the US.  Bono can be a little blunt, but I tend to agree that generally the masses in the United States anyway, hate the album.  I say this because every GNR fan outside of GNREVO, HTGTH, myGNR, hates the album.  I pushed it on everyone, and they ALL hate it.  I haven't found one fucking non diehard like you and I that loves the album.  Not one.  Compare/Contrast that with AC/DC's Black Ice and Metallic Death Magnetic.  There are still rock fans out there.  GNR missed big time on this one and typically Record Companies don't all of the sudden start pushing an album after the release.  KV, I like you and your posts, but sometimes its like I am reading Jarmo or Ali from HTGTH where they are very biased in favor of Axl (current GNR).

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

If They were promoting this album and trying their asses off and it flopped, it would no big deal. we would be positive, stand behind them and do all we could to make this a success.

Exactly. I'm not satisfied with the album, it's good, but not great, but hey, they (Axl and who?) don't really seem to be interested. The silence is cracking me. I mean, okay, Axl doesn't out there, cause he is Axl, but a damned interview wouldn't hurt! Just for the fuckin' fans, who followed him doing the years.

I'm quite disappointed that the players are still acting like puppets and they on't talk either. What are the afraid of? Getting fired when there is nothing in sight? The Axl camp said through their channels a numerous times that the players can talk about anything they want, but personal issues. They can freely talk about the music. Why the hell Tommy, Ron, Chris and Dizzy are not out there to talk about the album? They can skip the Axl questions, just talk about the fuckin' album and promote it a bit. So either they Axl camp lied and the guys can't talk about anything, cause it's so secret, or the musicians are uninterested in this effort and was around only for the money and they hope they'll get some more $$$ in the future. Other than that they don't give a fuck.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Killing Vector and Bono, you guys are cracking me up tonight!  Ha.  KV, the album is a fucking bomb.  All the songs were on myspace and GNR celebrated the 987million listens and only sold 300,000+ copies in the US.  Bono can be a little blunt, but I tend to agree that generally the masses in the United States anyway, hate the album.  I say this because every GNR fan outside of GNREVO, HTGTH, myGNR, hates the album.  I pushed it on everyone, and they ALL hate it.  I haven't found one fucking non diehard like you and I that loves the album.  Not one.  Compare/Contrast that with AC/DC's Black Ice and Metallic Death Magnetic.  There are still rock fans out there.  GNR missed big time on this one and typically Record Companies don't all of the sudden start pushing an album after the release.  KV, I like you and your posts, but sometimes its like I am reading Jarmo or Ali from HTGTH where they are very biased in favor of Axl (current GNR).

I think there are a lot of reasons why this hasn't sold but to declare the public hated the music is blunt and, I think, not indicative of why albums don't sell in general. Sure, there are people who don't like the music, but most of those people weren't going to buy it anyway. The question is whether those customers can be replaced by leaners/undecideds by hooking them on to the music. The campaign has been fumbled so badly, this was never allowed to happen.

Unlike many of you, I still think the quality is there for people to find if they hear enough. Unfortunately, nothing has stuck for whatever reason. Personally I believe Axl burnt his market reach along with his advance cash over the years and there just aren't enough people open minded and/or interested in his music anymore based solely on the name of the band or the current perception of the lead singer. I feel that way about James  Hetfield and haven't even looked at DM yet. But if a cool song were to appear on the radio or in a vid, I could be turned. Color me undecided but a leaning no buy on DM. I suspect there are millions of people who feel the same way about GnR.

Remember, if GnR pushed an extra 150k units first week, they would have been a reasonably close second to Kanye and suddenly the conversation changes. I firmly believe that a tour and some press would have allowed them to close the gap and stay in the top Ten longer than they did. So for me it is not about closing the deal with people who hate the album, but finding people who haven't made up their mind.

Ali is a good guy, but Jarmo is still in denial by believing this album is doing well.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I'm quite disappointed that the players are still acting like puppets and they on't talk either. What are the afraid of? Getting fired when there is nothing in sight? The Axl camp said through their channels a numerous times that the players can talk about anything they want, but personal issues. They can freely talk about the music. Why the hell Tommy, Ron, Chris and Dizzy are not out there to talk about the album? They can skip the Axl questions, just talk about the fuckin' album and promote it a bit. So either they Axl camp lied and the guys can't talk about anything, cause it's so secret, or the musicians are uninterested in this effort and was around only for the money and they hope they'll get some more $$$ in the future. Other than that they don't give a fuck.

you know, that's exactly what i fail to understand. they don't say anything. do they have a contract with axl that keeps them from talking or they would have to pay axl their weight in gold?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

GNR obviously doesn't care what the album is doing, sales wise at least, so why should anyone else?

Really, for the fans on this board, the big deal for us is the other demos floating around out there. That's what I'm interested in.  I've noticed a lot of the negativity and fights stem from the people wanting a reunion. It seems to me anyone who says anything positive about the album/future of this band is jumped because anything positive is a slag or threat against the possibility of a reunion. I'm really numb to the idea of a reunion, just because I don't think its real realistic to expect one. Just too much bullshit to get around from all sides.

Some of you cats just need to calm down.:cool:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

That's why I haven't been posting here lately. Anything positive is laughed off and "reunion" is thrown back at ya.

I think it's quite clear to anyone who has followed Axl over the years that the worse CD does, the farther away a reunion really is. Thump your chest all you want about being "right" about CD's success, but your just cheering the fact that the status quo is likely to win now.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Reasons I think the album is flopping in the US:

1) He waited too long.

2) Not enough people liked the first single, which gave a bad taste for the rest of the album.

3) The average music buying public didn't really know much about the album (and the new band), or cared, because GNR didn't seem to care enough to promote it.

4) The band doesn't have a face or identity. Except for the few things they see and read on the net, VH1 and G4. Sadly, its not always good, and there has been no one from this band to give "their" story... Or show it really as a band.

I think the sales showed only the people who were really interested in this album bought it. He didn't crack anywhere near the demographics that matter. The above points show the reason for that. When it comes down to it, I just don't think anyone outide of us cared enough from what was presentd to them... Which was basically not a whole lot.

But it doesn't take away from the fact that the album rocks.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I have to say that I think the reason the album is failing in the US has nothing to do with the quality of music.

Wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,

Russ, you're gonna be told your delusional.  The music sucks.  The public has spoken.  They hate the music.  There's no possible way it wouldn't have sold more copies if they liked the music.

Don't worry guys, I got you covered.  No need to post what I just went over.  Let's move on.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I have to say that I think the reason the album is failing in the US has nothing to do with the quality of music.

I disagree.  But I don't think it's the only factor or maybe even the main factor.  To say it isn't a factor though is somewhat rediculous.  2 singles are out there - 2 of the rockers that people like the most and neither is pushing the album to greater heights.  It is a factor - that is undeniable - the question is how much of a factor is it?

Board footer