You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

James wrote:

YOUR WEAKEND TOP 10 CHART PREVIEW: As we head into the home stretch of the sales week, it’s all about the resurgent Britney Spears, whose Circus (Jive/ZLG) has far exceeded expectations and now appears headed toward 470-490k. Just what the doctor ordered—a feel-good story heading into the holidays. The only other debut that will make the leader board is Akon’s Freedom (SRC/Universal Motown), which should wind up at #8 with a projected 90-95.

Otherwise it’ll be the usual suspects: #3 Taylor Swift (Big Machine), 170-180k; #4 Beyonce (Music World/Columbia), 160-170k; #5 Kanye West (Roc-a-Fella/IDJ), 150-160k; #6 Twilight (Chop Shop/Atlantic), 120-130k; #7 Nickelback (Roadrunner), 110-120k; #9 Now 29 (UMe) 85-90k; and #10 a dust-up between David Cook (19/RCA/RMG) and High School Musical 3 (Walt Disney), both trending toward 80-85k. Speaking of trends, next week’s Top 10 will break the recent pattern of domination by one or two labels and will instead be spread among 10 different ones. (12/5a)

1 Britney 470-490k
#2 Taylor Swift 170-180k
#3 Beyonce 160-170k
#4 Kanye West 150-160k
#5 Twilight 120-130k
#6 Nickelback 110-120k
#7 Akon 90-95k
#8 Now 29 (UMe) 85-90k
#9-10 dust-up between David Cook (19/RCA/RMG) and High School Musical 3 (Walt Disney), both trending toward 80-85k.

*They made the #2 correction with Taylor Swift*

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

James

James wrote:

This album is dead in the U.S. Its going to sell somewhere between 50-70k. That's a huge drop off from week 1. A further drop than the average from week 1.

Other countries will likely see a similar drop. IF GNR decide to finally do something, I think their efforts should be concentrated in areas where the album is selling well. We'll know those areas when all the week 2 numbers start rolling in.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Woohoo, 75-80% drop here we come!

James

James wrote:

I know we've got some radio guys here. What are some up to date numbers on Better? Maybe they should unload a new single next week.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I know we've got some radio guys here. What are some up to date numbers on Better? Maybe they should unload a new single next week.

LOL unload a new single? Better is the catchiest song on the album. I think they should give it some time to hit. Lots of stations are still playing CD instead of Better.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

This album will not take off here (if it does) until this exclusive shit is over.  How long is the Best Buy exclusitivity?  A damned video for Better would go a long way as well.  Very good album, shit promotion.  I don't get it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's done. Stick a fork in it.

Better was the biggest chance the album had for a hit, and it was DOA. Axl's finished.

It's either Rockolahoma or Reunion (if he actually wants to work)

The only way to make sense out of this whole thing, as far fetched as it seems, is that CD was a contractual obligation that they just wanted to drop, bury, get out of the way to move forth with the reunion.

Regardless of Axl's promoting, I couldn't imagine UMG & Azoff burying this, just because they are lazy. There's got to be a silver lining here.

James

James wrote:

Wasn't the Best Buy exclusive for six months?

I don't buy the exclusive excuse. If you want this album, you can buy it. Its a mouse click away. I do agree that they never should have went that route though.

They'll never do Rocklahoma. GNR will never be that desperate. They can at least do a club/theater tour here easily.

Before Better tanks it needs a video. Even if its just cheaply thrown together.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Better would've had a video by now, if it was going to have one.

And if Better doesn't get a video, ain't nothing going to get a video.

I just hope this flop doesn't run Axl back into his hole. I hope other plans are in store.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Not good to say the least.

Axl used CD to pay off his UMG credit card essentially.

I hope his reputation survives but I think even platinum is a stretch now. It is tough to make a case for this band to survive.

Board footer