You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I think CD would be a decent follow up to the Illusions but I can't put this new album on the level of UYI I or II.  I like the album and think the music is much better than the success it has had but UYI I and II had  stuff like Estranged/Coma/Breakdown/Don't Cry/YCBM/Dust N Bones, etc etc.  Nothing on CD is at that level in my opinion but it is a strong album, in its' own right.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I think the 2nd album will be a disaster unless there is a HUGE hit single. U have to factor in people who bought this for the curiosity factor alone. Those same probably won't buy the next.

Plus, how many hardcore fans are gonna buy 3 and 4 copies?

Next CD, Im buying 1 and thats it.

ShoGunslinger
 Rep: 1 

Tyler Durden wrote:
whatever few misgivings i have about this album.. it will NOT stop me from buying the next one. There are waaaaay more positives than negatives and i am a sucker for more material...

Exacto-mundo!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

I think the 2nd album will be a disaster unless there is a HUGE hit single. U have to factor in people who bought this for the curiosity factor alone. Those same probably won't buy the next.

Same here... I bought multiple copies.... I bought one copy of Black Ice.  If the AC/DC fans treated Black Ice like GNR fans treat CD, Black Ice would have sold 6 million copies by now.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

Same here... I bought multiple copies.... I bought one copy of Black Ice.  If the AC/DC fans treated Black Ice like GNR fans treat CD, Black Ice would have sold 6 million copies by now.

I didnt even see the point of buying multiple copies this time around...i dont have a record player so why get the vinyl (I'm not much of a collector) and i see aboslutely no reason to buy more than one CD..whats the point?

Sky Dog wrote:

I am a hard core Axlite and only bought one copy....the multiple copy argument doesn't hold water when taken in totality. All bands have their hardcore fanbase who will buy multiple copies.

and ps, I was in Walmart yesterday and Black Ice was being sold with three different album covers but the same record!

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

i only bought one copy as well. and i've been a huge fan since appetite came out.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

I didnt even see the point of buying multiple copies this time around...i dont have a record player so why get the vinyl (I'm not much of a collector) and i see aboslutely no reason to buy more than one CD..whats the point?

I bought two.  One for a gift.  When VR came out I bought one for car and one for house because it had that "anti pirate" stuff on it.  Then I was a sucker and bought the european edition to get the b sides.  VR Contraband and CD are the only albums I ever bought more than one copy for.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I bought 2 cd's and 1 vinyl.  The 2 cd's part is a bit of BB's fault as my order was fucked up.  So I gave my 2nd copy to my brother.  Just because you buy multiple copies don't mean you're a better fan.  Just means you have more money to spend.  *lol*

Board footer