You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Jeeeeez, madagas, i love the passion!  Merry Christmas to you too my Gunner Brother!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I thought the mother canuckers liked Rush?

i fucking HATE (bum) Rush

geddy lee annoys the piss outta me

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Bono wrote:

What a  fucking joke! People feeling compelled to buy an AC/DC album becasue of Wal-Mart.  This discusion is ridiculous.  An AC/DC greatest hits would kill in sales with or without promo.  I know alot of people who bought Black Ice and do in fact really like that glorified piece of plastic with some prints on it.  I know of only one fucking person who bought Chinese Democracy and he had very little to say about it when I asked him what he thought. "Meh it's o.k. but not as good as the old stuff" is the standard response.  Oh and in Canada you can buy these albums anywhere you damn well feel like. No exclusive Best Buy or Wal-Mart stuff going on here so explain to me why AC/DC sells better in Canada? Cause of a Wal-Mart promotional campaigne? Gimme a fucking break.

None of the albums are as good as the old stuff, including AC/DC and Metallica, so that is irrelevant.

Wal Mart exclusives have dominated over best buy so far. Since it's only best buy's first try we can't condem future success but I'm saying right now that the trend will continue if Best Buy decides to try it again.

If CD sold like hot cakes the first week and then flopped from then on I would consider another point of view but that is clearly not the case.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Bono wrote:

What a  fucking joke! People feeling compelled to buy an AC/DC album becasue of Wal-Mart.  This discusion is ridiculous.  An AC/DC greatest hits would kill in sales with or without promo.  I know alot of people who bought Black Ice and do in fact really like that glorified piece of plastic with some prints on it.  I know of only one fucking person who bought Chinese Democracy and he had very little to say about it when I asked him what he thought. "Meh it's o.k. but not as good as the old stuff" is the standard response.  Oh and in Canada you can buy these albums anywhere you damn well feel like. No exclusive Best Buy or Wal-Mart stuff going on here so explain to me why AC/DC sells better in Canada? Cause of a Wal-Mart promotional campaigne? Gimme a fucking break.

What I cant understand is how people, like you, cant see what a difference it would have made had GNR went with Wal Mart than Best Buy. Wal Mart has pushed the living shit out of not just Black Ice, but AC/DC in general. Compare a store like Wal Mart, who has stores EVERYWHERE, to a store like Best Buy, who is in a lot of economic trouble and has stores few and far in between.

Its like talking to a fucking brick wall.

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
Bono wrote:

What I cant understand is how people, like you, cant see what a difference it would have made had GNR went with Wal Mart than Best Buy. Wal Mart has pushed the living shit out of not just Black Ice, but AC/DC in general. Compare a store like Wal Mart, who has stores EVERYWHERE, to a store like Best Buy, who is in a lot of economic trouble and has stores few and far in between.

Exactly. it's not opinion, it's fact.:headbang:

war

war wrote:

More importantly, millions more customers at hundreds more locations.

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

#20 this week on the world chart....total sales worldwide of approximately 1,371,000.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chart Methodologies
Album-Chart
THE TOP-SELLING ALBUMS ACCORDING TO GLOBAL SALES DATA AND NATIONAL ALBUM-CHARTS
OFFICIAL NATIONAL CHARTS FROM USA, JAPAN, UNITED KINGDOM, GERMANY, AND FRANCE WITH REAL SALES DATA
OFFICIAL NATIONAL CHARTS FROM CANADA, AUSTRALIA, ITALY, SPAIN, BRAZIL, MEXICO, NETHERLANDS, SWITZERLAND, BELGIUM, SOUTH AFRICA, SWEDEN, AUSTRIA, NORWAY, DENMARK, FINLAND, IRELAND, ARGENTINA, CHILE, COLOMBIA, VENEZUELA, NEW ZEALAND, MALAYSIA, POLAND, PORTUGAL, HUNGARY, CZECH REPUBLIC, SLOVAKIA, GREECE, AND SOUTH KOREA ARE WEIGHTED TO THE SIZE OF ITS MARKETS ACCORDING TO THE LATEST IFPI-STATISTICS
(EXCEPTION: ALBUMS WITH HUGH SALES IN THESE COUNTRIES ARE WEIGHTED HIGHER)
ALBUMS WHICH PLACED IN MOST OR ALL OF OUR MONITORED COUNTRIES, GET ADDITIONAL POINTS FOR COUNTRIES WHICH HAVE NO OFFICIAL CHARTS LIKE RUSSIA, CHINA, INDIA, TURKEY ETC.

war

war wrote:

not great but most cd's are off that chart by now
and then removed from some of the shelves

and that right there is the key
gnr is hoping this thing will steadily sell

i think it will, myself

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
Bono wrote:

I never said it woudln't have made a difference. I am saying that suggesting AC/DC's album is seeling only on a Wal-Mart campaigne is fucking moronic.  Trying to downplay the quality of AC/DC's album when it's a very AC/DC sounding album is moronic.  It's exactly the type of album AC/DC fans like. News Flash people. AC/DC has been popular at every point in their career. They don't fucking need Wal-Mart to push units.  I'll say it again CD and Black Ice are available everywhere in Canada. Black Ice has been out longer than CD and is still a  top five selling album in Canada. CD is a total after thought.  It's like talking to a  brick wall with those who can't fucking understand that.  Marketing this and marketing that. Blah, blah fucking blah. EXCUSES non stop! And now where entering a  period where fans are starting to say we gotta wait a year to see how it plays out. Gimme a fucking break. After a year it'll be "well the album will speak for itself over time. ten years from now we might be talkin about how successful CD is/was"  16 It's a  dellusional thought process being expressed by so many and  it's ridiculous.  Why the fuck do so many of you share this fantasy that if the rest of the world would  just listen to CD they'd love it?  Why do you NEED this to be the case? I'm sure we all listen to alot of bands and albums that we personally think are great but we don't sit there tihnking "gee if only the world wodl give it a try they'd go ga ga over it". If you can't see that CD isn't a mass appealing album than I dont' know what to say.  You all say sales dont' matter yet you cling to this desire for the world to love it and buy it. One or the other folks.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Bono, the problem for me seems to be, people who love the album (me and many others) defend the album.  People who hate the album or think it's lacking (you and others) fight back and try their best to shoot down the defenders and put us in our place.  For some reason you get a joy in that.  That's fine.  We get it, you don't need to start some renegade campaign to slander "new" GNR and diminish them to an afterthought.  It seems you take pleasure in doing so though.  What gives?  So what if people give their excuses for why the album isn't selling well?  You're doing the exact same thing, and I hate to tell you but your excuses aren't any more vaild then theirs.  You can talk all day long about how you've never talked to one person who says they liked the album and that it's the "lack of" quality that is hurting album sales.  But that doesn't make you any more correct than anyone who says people aren't willing to give the album a chance.  There's simply no way to prove that, so I suggest you stop trying to.  You've said multiple times that "Chinese Democracy" will go down in history as a "diehards only" album.  I'll take you one step further.  I believe any further release from this incarnation of GNR will go down as "diehards only".  I've accepted the fact that people aren't willing to view this as Guns N' Roses.  That's fine.  For me, it doesn't take away from the quality, even though you like to say on and on how "average" it is.  That's fine, that's your opinion.  But it's pretty easy to see how a lot of people don't share your opinion.  Are their views biased?  Quite possibly, but in much the same way as people you've had preview the album.

I never expected Guns to revolutionize the rock world again and once again become the most dangerous band in the world, that just wasn't primed to happen.  I did expect sales to be better, considering the success of Metallica and AC/DC earlier this year, but that hasn't happened.  So it's apparent that people just aren't willing to accept this version as Guns N' Roses.  And really that shouldn't have been a huge surprise to me, or others.  My friends are fans of the music of Guns N' Roses.  They went with me to see them in 2002 and 2006 to see the classics played.  They knew Slash wasn't there but it wasn't a big deal, as long as they could see Axl sing the hits.  When they played the new stuff, one friend of mine fell asleep in 2002, and others left for beers/bathroom breaks in 2006.  It was clear that they really didn't care about the new stuff, which isn't real new.  I can't remember any concert I've been to that people are psyched to hear songs they don't know, minus the diehards.  The fact is, the diehard GNR fans have lessened over the years due to obvious reasons.  It doesn't appear they're coming back.  From where I'm sitting that's much more of a reason for the lack of sales than your opinion of the quality not being up to par.  Then again, we could debate back and forth on this until the end of time, so what's the use?  You've got your views, I've got mine.  Neither of us is gonna make the other "see the light", so why bother trying?  I will continue to love "Chinese Democracy" as I have done so the last month plus, and you can continue doing whatever it is that you're doing.  And let's leave it at that.

Board footer