You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

war wrote:

i heard it went from number 25 to number 30

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
war wrote:

i heard it went from number 25 to number 30

That was for 2 weeks ago, the charts come out midweek.  Apparently when they come out this Wednesday CD will be out of the top 50 if the 30% calculations hold up, and so far they've been pretty accurate.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

oh ok

pretty big drop then

did they drop in favor of newer releases?

faldor

faldor wrote:

Not sure, I haven't seen a list, I just read that it was currently out of the top 50.  I can't imagine 20+ new releases are ahead of them. although I guess it's possible.

faldor

faldor wrote:

If these numbers are correct, and I suspect they are I'd say NOW it's time to do something.  I'm sure it wasn't part of the plan (if there even is a plan), but the album was hovering on its own there for awhile so I wasn't freaking out too bad about the lack of promo, interviews, a video, etc.  But a dropoff that drastic 7 weeks since the release calls for SOMETHING!  Either release that "Better" video or get another single out there hopefully with an accompanying video.  The album did respectfully well on its own merit as long as it could, but it appears we've reached the limit now.  It's time to act, before it's too late.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Better was the most radio friendly hit of the songs on the cd...IF that dont hit someones spot I dont know what will.  If The World I agree is so funkalicious even Slash would have sex to it.. not sure if perla would tho but thats beside the point.. er,.,
As for Better being half thrash.. not easy...  have you heard some of the absolute shit on the radio?  I have.. Between Britney, Kayne and every emo band on Kerrang.. Better sits well with me.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I know we've got some radio guys here. What are some up to date numbers on Better? Maybe they should unload a new single next week.

I'm not a radio guy but x1015 here in Tally Fl plays Better at least once a day. usually one around noon around 8pm and CD sometime in the afternoon.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The threads fuck themselves up...it's like it's GnR autopilot.

That was actually funny, sad but funny! 16

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

The only thing left for this saga, if GNR form holds true, is for lawsuits to start flying.  I went to Best Buy the other day, and the place was a ghost town.  Just wonder how long even the strongest of these big ticket electronics stores can hold on in this economic climate??  I pretty much expected this drop-off, so not shocked.  I doubt this album pushes many more than 5K a week from here out.  GNR, if they are going to function as a band with a smaller (albeit highly dedicated) fanbase, needs to connect online with their fans via high end content releases, demo releases, free bonus songs, etc.   Doubt it happens, but there is always hope.  Radiohead, Porcupine Tree, NIN all do it effectively so there are real world examples of this strategy working.  Keep in mind CD has outsold In Rainbows worldwide--so they can be successful with lower album sales--tours and interaction would help.

Board footer