You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

faldor wrote:

I just checked the hard rock charts on billboard, and CD is #5 on there.  Not bad, although it dropped from #2 last week.  The rest of the top 5 is respectable 4) ACDC, 3) Metallica, 2) Kid Rock, but Nickelback has to be removed from that top spot.  That's ridiculous.  One thing I did notice and was surprised at, and is basically why I'm posting this.  At #10 was Bon Jovi's Cross Road.  Wonder why the sudden re-emergence there?

Sky Dog wrote:

I will start adding this chart as well....GH at #4 Top Pop Catalog.
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/c … op+Catalog

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

I will start adding this chart as well....GH at #4 Top Pop Catalog.
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/c … op+Catalog

Once again, Bon Jovi's Cross Road went from #50 to #3.  What's up with that?  Was there a massive worldwide price cut for that album last week?

Sky Dog wrote:

no idea

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

Chinese is #16 on the World Chart this week with 56,000 sold.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I never thought in a million years that CD would become a bargain bin item, alongside The Spaghetti Incident.

WOW

In defense of GNR, quite a few albums become bargain bin items at Best Buy. That's how they operate. They use cheap cds to help get traffic in their stores. Back when I bought Arular, it was $7.99. That wasn't its original price.

This is true. Even though Black Ice wasn't exactly bargain bin it has had a lowered price with Wal Mart since its release, 11.88 I think.  That discounted price hasn't hurt sales. 

As far as CD being "ready for the bargain bin" this is premature.   Better isn't doing bad and I've said from the beginning I expect this album to "hover" rather than crash and that's what it has done.  I'm a realist but I don't only look at the negative side (trust me we all know there's plenty of that side and it is very real) and I'm not sold on it being "dead" yet.  When May comes around I think it could still push respectable sales at other stores.  Best Buy is deader than fuck...you guys been to one lately?  I have.
I've dropped by Wally-world too and it isn't.  These other stores will help CD out especially with a re-release if it happens.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

you are correct - cd sales will endure and a second album, tour, or reunion would all jetison them toward the top again.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

An interesting aspect to this is the apathy the hardcores are starting to have(myself included) to the whole saga.

I don't love them or hate them, I'm just disinterested in any excuses for the showing of CD, Axl's disappearance, etc.

"This" version of GnR will never return anywhere near to the top again, and that is okay, as artistic merit isn't measure by sales or Macarena would be the greatest song ever recorded.

This is Axl vision, except I think he thought it would turn out better.

This CD is headed for the bargain bin, and others he makes will end up there as well.

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:

36% now Reporting:

CD #31, 4,671 sold

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

Seems like faster pace than last week, but we'll see.

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:

Sales now Final:
CD barely clinging to top 50 at #48 with 9,215 sales.

I'm sure it will be out of the top 50 next week & completely off the charts soon if something drastic doesn't happen.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
axlcrazy wrote:

Sales now Final:
CD barely clinging to top 50 at #48 with 9,215 sales.

I'm sure it will be out of the top 50 next week & completely off the charts soon if something drastic doesn't happen.

Can we call you by your middle name "is"?

Board footer