You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

BLS-Pride wrote:

What does it tell you that GNR concerts don't sell that well either. POISON outsells the new Guns N' Roses too. I don't get why people feel the need to compare the two the need to put down Velvet Revolver. Chinese Democracy is a good album but not a master piece. I really know and love GNR and I do not favor all of CD over VR.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It tells me what I've been saying. VR didn't achieve success because they had a great album, they did it because it carried the GN'R name and people were craving for something new. Once the buzz was over people carried on.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

It tells me what I've been saying. VR didn't achieve success because they had a great album, they did it because it carried the GN'R name and people were craving for something new. Once the buzz was over people carried on.

The album was good. Not great but people liked what their heard and didn't on the second album. And your statement is funny. Chinese Democracy was released the buzz is over and people have moved on. Only it didn't take them 3 years like VR it only took people a week.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

What does it tell you that GNR concerts don't sell that well either. POISON outsells the new Guns N' Roses too. I don't get why people feel the need to compare the two the need to put down Velvet Revolver. Chinese Democracy is a good album but not a master piece. I really know and love GNR and I do not favor all of CD over VR.

To each their own.

"CD" to me is one of the greatest albums that I've ever heard - and it cements Axl's place in time as a genius to me.

"Catcher In The Rye" and "This I Love" are two of the greatest pieces of music that I've ever heard.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I love this place, even a thread about the weather could turn into an axl vs everyone else debate

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
mickronson wrote:

I love this place, even a thread about the weather could turn into an axl vs everyone else debate

It's a shame but once you get sucked in it's never ending.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

It tells me that they suffer from the same aspect that VR once benefited from, the cool factor. Meaning it got little to do with the quality of the music.

But when it comes down to the people that actually cares about music and spend a lot of time with it (the forum people) CD wins hand down.

Guess I'm just tired of this "VR beats GN'R" stuff just because a bunch of hangers on that couldn't name a single song today bought CB 4 years ago. Just like I couldn't care less that 15 million housewives cherished NR back in the 90s. That's not an argument for the success and quality of the music.

I think CD would have done a lot better if Axl and the band had showed their faces and stood behind the product. I don't think many will disagree.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
mickronson wrote:

It's a shame but once you get sucked in it's never ending.

You think this is bad? Check out the Black Crowes forum that I run.

Every thread turns into a "MARC FORD IS GOD!!!!" thread.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Ill take Loving The Alien over most of the CD ballads.

Of course to clarify some of this:

CB came out during a really difficult part of my life, so ballads like LTA hold a very special place for me whereas i am in a more stable part of my life and the ballads don't hit me the same way.

With the CD ballads, there is just something missing............ I can't quite put my finger on it.

the record just sounds really robotic.

I thought "THis I Love" minus the horrible solo was one of the greatest songs I had ever heard the first 20 times I listened. Now, I can't be bothered to put it on.

I listened to Loving the Alien for a year straight and I still have never tired of that song.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

It's ridiculous. If that were the case, it would have sold well in the first week and then tanked. Slither and Fall to Pieces were massive rock hits. CD is likely to tank after 1 week. Guess it's because the world is so anti-talent, therefore extremely anti-Axl. Gimme a break.

I hate these VR vs. Axl-GN'R debates though.

Board footer