You are not logged in. Please register or login.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

Re: Chinese Democracy Elimination Round 1

GNRBABY wrote:

I hate these elimination polls  roll  Null vote, I like everything.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

IRS... the lyrics are a joke.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Madagascar

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

13 votes, 8 different songs.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:

I.R.S.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

thats pretty telling to show that there isnt a clear cut track on this thing that will puxh for mainstream acceptance...and before someone goes off on how mainstream success doesnt matter...it does if you want better sales...and to those who say sales dont matter...then why the fuck ya bitching about a #3 debut 16

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

My favourite off the album is in the lead to collect the wooden spoon 17

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Neemo wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

thats pretty telling to show that there isnt a clear cut track on this thing that will puxh for mainstream acceptance...and before someone goes off on how mainstream success doesnt matter...it does if you want better sales...and to those who say sales dont matter...then why the fuck ya bitching about a #3 debut 16

It also shows people have a hard time defining what is bad on this album. A sign of strength and diversity.

On one level I don't care about sales. I know there are no clear cut hits on this album, but Metallica and AC/DC didn't have any of those either. I'll enjoy the album till the day I die, but I will also remember what a wasted opportunity it was.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Neemo wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

It also shows people have a hard time defining what is bad on this album. A sign of strength and diversity.

To tell the truth I could vote off half of the album easily. Shackler, If The World, CITR, Rhiad, Madagascar, Prostitute isn't really doing anything for me. 3-4 songs of the remaining bunch are quite great, though.
It'd be a solid album with that ratio, problem is it took 15 years. If Axl dropped albums of CD quality in every 3 years, talking or no talking, nobody would complain.

Madagascar should have not been on the album,it's boring and the vocals suck.

Board footer