You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Re: Irving Azoff: "No Reunion Planned"

GNR, due to their chaotic nature, are brilliant marketers and entertainers by default.  Expecting the unexpected, and watching the madness is to rock fans, what watching rare birds is to bird watchers. 

The reason the reunion talk has legs is obvious on the surface (Azoff), and the fact that there are bits and pieces of info which come to light from the industry which indicate that there is stuff going on.  In reality, when this does happen, and it is likely it will, it will be decided by the bandmembers and then they will let management know.  Izzy will be a key mediator--him touring in 2006 was interesting on many levels.  What was cool was how well him and Axl got along again--the main duo, and original duo of GNR (anyone notice how much harder Axl would sing when Izzy was on stage).  Also,  Azoff isn't normal management, he maybe a facilitator for the final therapeutic sessions which would wax this out.  All speculation at this point, but interesting nonetheless.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl's energy and chemistry changed entirely when Izzy took the stage in 2006. He was totally putting more effort into it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bright Eyes 2005

russtcb wrote:

I gave up on any info except something Axl Rose himself might come out and say weeks ago. "Insiders" and "people with information" (more then just Mysteron) were claiming that Axl was going to make a grand statement right before CD came out.

Now all of those people haven't made any mention of that "news" at all. I think they were just hoping for coincidence to happen and make them look informed for the future.

I knew, when I read those idiots statements around that time, that they were full of shit.  The posters who know something never post it on the messageboards.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

At this point, it doesn't really matter what we speculate about.

The post-CD era is going to be alot like the pre-CD era, thanks to a silent Axl Rose.

It's gonna be all speculation with no fact or nothing going on in the GN'R camp.

Bright Eyes 2005

Axlin08 wrote:

The post-CD era is going to be alot like the pre-CD era, thanks to a silent Axl Rose.

It's gonna be all speculation with no fact or nothing going on in the GN'R camp.

Oh, I disagree, I think 2009 is going to be entertaining as hell!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

They want to roll this out, and don't want "leaks" of the news

hopeless 16

gnr fans really do set themselves p for disappointment...suckers for punishment

Nice edit to take that out of context.  You forgot the "if" part.

i didnt need to bother to edit it...i jsut didnt feel the need to post your whole post again...that cool you think Azoff is pulling a fast one i get that...i understand that posts are people own opinions and not necesarily meant to be taken as a truth...my point was that everyone and their dog are denying this reunion yet people still think its gonna happen? I on the other hand prefer to tkae things as they come...i've been saying this for a couple months now...but, to me, there is nothing pointing to a reunion at this time other than well wishing, and pipe dreams

there is gonna have to be alot of things happen for a gnr reunion to take place...and i dont think any of them are close to coming ot pass based on whatever i've read and heard (in audio interviews) as far as Axl and Slash are concerned...these guys are light years apart in terms of where they are at right now...and to top it all off...there is a new gnr album on shelves right now...why dump that on the world if he's gonna crawl back to the old band? and it doesnt matter how it happens...if axl brings those guys back it'll look like crawling at this stage

we got the partnership thing, we got professional conduct shit, we got the methods of recording and writing an album, we got mending fences...this list goes on folks...

everythign we know for certain screams no reunion...

Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Oh, I disagree, I think 2009 is going to be entertaining as hell!

i think 2009 will be interesting as well...but obviously for different reasons that alot of other people

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I believe that people are misintepreting or at least jumping the gun with the Azoff thing.  There are two sides to the coin

1. Why did Axl choose Azoff to manage them
2. Why did Azoff agree to manage Axl/GNR

I think we can all agree on number 2.  Azoff agreed to manage them because he sees the $$'s if he is able to pull a reunion off. 

BUT, why did Axl choose Azoff?  People seem to assume it's because Axl wants a reunion and Azoff is "the reunion guy".  Well I actually think slightly differently.  Axl probably approached Azoff because of his experience with releasing albums from major acts, his "Exclusive deals" in the past etc etc. (Besides he was probably running out of managers since he has been through a few).   Maybe in the back of Axl's mind he thinks well one day if I go down the reunion path then it will be handy to have Azoff in my court, but I dont' think that was the primary driver.

So to sum up my thoughts - yes I think a reunion will happen eventually.  Right now I think we are a long way off from it.  Besides maybe some cloak and dagger chess games being played behind the scenes by Azoff I don't think Axl, Slash or Duff are doing any negotiating or having any discussions on a reunion.

Bright Eyes 2005

Fair points, and I agree, 2009 is going to be interesting.  Axl demonstrated some power, by not publicizing this album one bit, and in just two weeks has scanned now over 1 million worldwide, and sold 2 million worldwide.  Moreover, the enigma continues.  Marketing via silence seemed dumb (which is upside down), but everyday now looks more and more brilliant for the long run.  Only works if you are big, but  this is great at maintaining anti-commercial street cred.; not to mention, it keeps the media curious as to wtf he's up to.  Not to mention, it's natural for the guy, he just don't give a shit one bit about what anyone thinks and is not going to prostitute himself to the media and paparazzi biz--which brings me to this point, when they do reunite, it will be for the right reasons.  If it is not in 2009, so be it.  Azoff, as James said, is smart enough to be in this for the long haul.  GNR, by their nature, will be marketable until they drop, and even after that.

yeah in 2009 Axl will probably announce that he is retiring the band name,it's just as likely as anything else at this point.

Board footer