You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: AXL Posting on GNR Forums!

DCK wrote:

I wasn't there last night but I've read the answers. I see nothing vague or mysterious about it at all. He avoids answering the complicated issues because of the time he needs to reply to them. Vague? This is a forum. Not a book. Answers have to be short, quick and easy enough. He did very well if you ask me.

I thought it honest, fair and straight from the horses mouth.

Axl did the right thing, almost at the right time. Kudos to him for doing something really cool.

I agree, he couldn't have done much more an forum Q +A. His side of the story in the break up and the delay for CD is the last 15 years of his life, no way could he condense that down into a forum length post and I wouldn't expect him to.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I keep thinking of Dexter's laboratory, that animated cartoon that used to be on!

It was very cool, luckily enough I was there!

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Okay, so everyone follow me here. I'm going to take a stab at something he said. He mentioned that maybe CD would get another release, as he wasnt happy with artwork, etc. He also mentioned that he always thought of CD as a double album. He also mentions maybe the follow up may be out late next year...

Okay, so what are the chances that the next album is released as a double album, with CD being on of the cds released as he wanted it, and the other being the follow up.

Maybe I have just spent too much time this morning thinking about the Axl chat last night. Or maybe I'm on too something?

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I agree, he couldn't have done much more an forum Q +A. His side of the story in the break up and the delay for CD is the last 15 years of his life, no way could he condense that down into a forum length post and I wouldn't expect him to.

Absolutely.

Just the question about why the old band broke up. I mean, where do you start? It's enough controversy to write a book about it and he's being asked to refrain himself to a few sentences on a forum?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I just hope he does it more often. That's a bridge that should've been built in 2001.

Knowing how many ass kisses there are all over the place (the one negative thing last night), if he had done this seven years ago, we would've experienced an entirely different dimension of the boards, than to what we know.

Axl would've personally handled truth and lies, and most places like MyGNR would've filtered bullshit to the extreme, like HTGTH.

I think would would've resulted would've been a much more positive vibe in the long run.

But with the internet... you let them trolls go, and they become ALL of your members, it's all downhill from there.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

Okay, so everyone follow me here. I'm going to take a stab at something he said. He mentioned that maybe CD would get another release, as he wasnt happy with artwork, etc. He also mentioned that he always thought of CD as a double album. He also mentions maybe the follow up may be out late next year...

Okay, so what are the chances that the next album is released as a double album, with CD being on of the cds released as he wanted it, and the other being the follow up.

Maybe I have just spent too much time this morning thinking about the Axl chat last night. Or maybe I'm on too something?

I think thats quite logical. Got me thinking two things

1. When the exclusive is over at BB, more copies will be printed with new artwork/booklet for other distributions
2. They will wait until they sell out of all copies of the one format of artwork (I suppose Best Buy could sell them on at a loss to help with their cash flow)
3. I will have to fork out again!

Yeah, I caught the 'same bat time, same bat channel comments'. The good news is that if he did think of it as a double album, there's a great chance that the next cd is complete. 3

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I thought he gave some good answers, considering it was an off the cuff and flawed (due to servers slowing), it turned out to be a nice little Q and A session.

Its always interesting reading his comments, he is a very good speaker, I wish we got to hear more from him.

I'm not buying the re-issue though, I wouldnt even if I wasnt dirt broke.
I have a bee in my bonet about the fact that many poor fans were expected to part with their money,  for blatently faulty goods(album booklet and vinyl), only to be told its ok you can buy another re-vamped version soon.
I just see it as taking advantage of your fan base.

DCK

DCK wrote:

I'm not buying the re-issue though, I wouldnt even if I wasnt dirt broke.
I have a bee in my bonet about the fact that many poor fans were expected to part with their money,  for blatently faulty goods(album booklet and vinyl), only to be told its ok you can buy another re-vamped version soon.
I just see it as taking advantage of your fan base.

He didn't exactly put it like that. He spoke of artistic integrity and how HE wasn't 100% happy with the product. Judging from his answers, I doubt he got a problem with you not buying another record.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

No but it was put out regardless. It was put out faulty with people knowing it was so, and knowing that updated one would be released. Thats taking advantage of people in my book and I feel strongly about such things. Its not a grudge against Axl Rose but the entire Guns N'Roses infrastructure. I know he doesnt have a problem with me not buying the reissue, I'm just a drip in the ocean.

(its a bit late in the game for artistic integrity when you have already generated a nice income after selling your "art")

DCK

DCK wrote:

Why would that be a problem? You don't have to buy it. I'm certainly not. It's ok for those who haven't bought the album, but to buy a new album just because some artwork has been updated is just gay in my book.

Publishers do this all the time. A book is written and then in the next release they have added more pages, fixed grammar or done things. It's nothing new. It's usually minor details but you don't go and buy another book or blame the publisher for cashing in on another release?

What they should have done, however, was to make sure there were no errors or faults or whatever in the booklet and released the album 100%.

Board footer