You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: AXL Posting on GNR Forums!

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah. I don't want everyone to sit around waiting for him, but yeah, if he wants to board surf on his downtime when he's not busy.

That's fuckin' great.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

That's the only problem, now we're spoiled and we'll expect these impromtu Q&A's. 

I'm not expecting much, but it certainly would be great.

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

don't over play your hand Buzz.....

Don't worry about me - I'm right at an alarming rate.

being a Matchbox 20/Rob Thomas fan on a Gnr forum is dicey at best. You certainly don't lack self confidence.:haha:

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I forget who brought it up but I agree that this was the coolest way for Axl to break his silence.  Speaking with the fans that is.  He could've given some interview with Time Magazine or Kurt Loder, but truthfully this was pretty much a no holds barred Q&A from people that obviously know their shit.  Granted it didn't answer everything, but I think it was the best way for him to come out of "hiding".  Hopefully he continues some sort of outreach towards the fans, which he kind of alluded to.  That would be awesome and I think it would cut down on MUCH of the negativity.  No pressure though.  Once was more than I ever expected.  Anything more would just be that much better.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

What I thought was so badass was how he went right after the questions. I thought that first asshole would scare him off, but he went right after him Axl-style, calling him a "cunt", then even joking about it later.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

Seems a little too late, but better late than never I suppose. Kudos to him for taking the time out to answering the questions to the people that matter the most. I haven't read the transcript, but it's good to know things aren't dead as I thought they were.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Yeah it was cool, but too bad that some irrational forum members will now expect him to post all the time, and then will get pissed if those misguided expectations are not met.  It is very cool of him, though, to speak in such an impromptu, candid manner with his fans.  I also think he was being sarcastic about "monumental marketing campaign" starting now bit--hope folks don't have expectations of him prostituting himself to the paparazzi like Paris Hilton, Fall Out Boy, or Britney--some fans, likely the same ones expecting CD to outsell Thriller in the 1st week, are a little out of touch sometimes.

One other note, the tv show Dexter is incredible, and addictive.  Season finale this Sunday!!  I am going to miss Miguel Prado--Jimmy Smits kicked ass as this character!

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

I don't think anyone should expect him to do it again, but another prolonged period of silence and inactivity by him and the band would certainly be met by negativity. Even if the band is inactive I think it would go a long way to mend the bridge with the fans if he occasionally popped in for a few minutes or so.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Well and he knows that now hopefully. This went over ENORMOUSLY well with fans.

I hope he sticks around just to debunk stuff here and there, or add commentary.

I wouldn't want it to be a big deal. It'd be really cool if he became just a natural element of the internet community.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I can't read all this shit, still trying to pick my jaw up.  I read some of the My GNR Forum shit.  What did you guys think about this?!?!?! Did anyone find it weird?

Board footer