You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: GNR Evolution gets a shout out in Classic Rock

Olorin wrote:

Sorry if this has been posted, but I just got to the end of my Chinese Democracy pullout that came with Classic Rock Magazine and the closing statement reads:

"For a full, year by year, breakdown of GN'R from 1993-2008, visit www.gnrevolution.com"

Karma for GNREvolution!! 3

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Chinese Whispers section in print smile Congrats to sic 9

I'm yet to see the booklet, gotta pick up CR soon. Notice that when the article circulated other sites the page with our mention was accidentally left out? 16

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

So that's where they took it all from. Nice.

I must confess I thought of the idea myself, use the Chinese Whispers as base for a book or something.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

Awesome! Congrats to Sic and to all who work on the site!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Cool but was sic paid for this or did they just leach his work? Or is it just a refrence to the forum. If they reprinted he should have been given something IMHO.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Yep congrats to sic. I keep meaning to pick up a copy myself.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

monkeychow wrote:

Cool but was sic paid for this or did they just leach his work? Or is it just a refrence to the forum. If they reprinted he should have been given something IMHO.

You'd have to ask sic but they didn't just leach his hard work without him knowing put it that way 22

DCK

DCK wrote:

Im sure they did nothing in their article which could be used by sic. to get pay. Media is pretty sneaky that way. You can use others words and works if you re-write it so nothing looks the same. Then you're out of the loop and can do what you want since there's nothing that connects the two.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

sic was consulted and between the CR Editor and himself a plan was hatched...i wanna also say congrats to sic for all the hard work and effort he put into that history and its great to see him get the credit he deserves 5

DCK

DCK wrote:

So forget what I wrote then tongue

Board footer