You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Official website update with link to gnrevolution.com

Olorin wrote:

My problem with HTGTH is actually the admin and some mods. They delight in spreading negativity and have deviously molded an environment which paints an illusion of them protesting against negativity, when in actual fact, they are more often than not deceptively planting the negative seeds in threads.
It also bothers me the influence the site weilds over younger newbies.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

^^ That's why Axlin08 has a very good point.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I have a question for the admin here, its way off topic but doesnt deserve its own thread.

If you seen a kid posting in a way that suggested they were a little vunerable, naive, delicate and also explosively passionate and blindly loyal to Axl, as well as displaying genuine venom and utter hatred towards former members, that went way beyond your regular troll.
Would you ever take note to monitor the person and perhaps tenderly try to steer them into less polarised and hateful point of view? Or just let them get on with it until you ban them?

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I like that we have a reputation for our facts, archives, and easy to use resources of info on the news of the band over the years. I can't imagine being associated with anything better. Discussion forums come and go, but a site with as much info as ours organized as well as it is, is truly remarkable. Congrats again to everyone that helped build it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I have a question for the admin here, its way off topic but doesnt deserve its own thread.

If you seen a kid posting in a way that suggested they were a little vunerable, naive, delicate and also explosively passionate and blindly loyal to Axl, as well as displaying genuine venom and utter hatred towards former members, that went way beyond your regular troll.
Would you ever take note to monitor the person and perhaps tenderly try to steer them into less polarised and hateful point of view? Or just let them get on with it until you ban them?

you mean Captain Winkler? 16

we try to give everyone a chance...if they proove to be too hard to deal with or unable to respect those around here then they can move on to other places more suitable for their online personality

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

No, noone here.

I have seen a kid online who has jumped out at me in his first post and 100+ later he still actually concerns me.
It just made me wonder if ever admins on sites actually noticed such things and would take heed.
Axl talking about "Holden Caulfeild Syndrome" today brought it back to my thoughts.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

wow looks to me like a lot of people had this man worng. He is quite open and sincere

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Well and see that's the problem.... I don't want alot of MyGNR & HTGTH folks over here. We kind of have our own thing, and the post-quality is the best anywhere.

The more members you have - the more TROLLS you have. The overall quality becomes streamlined, hands off, and quickly goes down hill. I've seen it happen before.

But then the flipside of that... everyone here frequented MyGNR or HTGTH or both at one time or another over the years.

That's what happened at CD.com. When I first started lurking over there the summer of 07 it was actually quite nice. Even L!ve Free! wasn't as bad as he was now.(absolute power corrupts absolutley i guess) then after i signed up the next summer i noticed it was goin down hill a bit. Then a month or two before L!ve Free! got mod it all went to crap and i heard about this place.

And not to seem like I'm bashing L! cause i do have respect for him(although it has somewhat diminished seeing what that site has turned into) He just got caught up in something he tried to fix.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've watched for alot of years, and the best posters are the journeymen that go from forum to forum.

Seriously.

MATT - A REAL FAN
 Rep: 7 

SCORE!!

Congratulations to James and the entire Evolution crew!! I was very surprised to see it myself and then thought, 'It's about damn time they got some recognition.'

The important thing is to stay humble and not have it cloud your judgment. Keep up the great work guys!!!

MATT

Board footer