You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Axl Rose/Dexter forum chat discussion thread

Olorin wrote:

No, it doesnt. It could convey madness though hmm I dunno, its not completely unfitting to the music. Still not a fan though.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

It's pretty cool.  He answered two of my questions!  It's kind of cool being able to say you talked to Axl Rose, in a sense.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Dadud wrote:

i wonder if we'll hear The General/Jackie Chan in full when they tour. if the 25 second clip is any indication, it sounds like it'll be a chart topper.

25 sec clip?

Some eedjit suggested that when Axl said Checkmate was really called Jackie Chan, that Jackie Chan had played a role in film as the General, and sometimes was still called General Jackie.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Olorin wrote:

No, it doesnt. It could convey madness though hmm I dunno, its not completely unfitting to the music. Still not a fan though.

The song at its core is probably pretty cool.  Axl sounds cool.  But the guitars ruin the fucking song.  The more I read the more I realize how far removed he is from Guitar Based Rock.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Olorin wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Dadud wrote:

i wonder if we'll hear The General/Jackie Chan in full when they tour. if the 25 second clip is any indication, it sounds like it'll be a chart topper.

25 sec clip?

Some eedjit suggested that when Axl said Checkmate was really called Jackie Chan, that Jackie Chan had played a role in film as the General, and sometimes was still called General Jackie.

Axl said yesterday checkmate was called Jackie Chan, today he said we may have heard part of the song The General somewhere before. One of Jackie Chans nicknames is the general. Not such a far fetched guess if you ask me.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I know, I was the eedjit in question.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Olorin wrote:

I know, I was the eedjit in question.

Oh 16 probably should have checked that shouldn't I? Well at least I agree with ya anyway tongue

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Could someone update the first page of this thread with the final few answers Axl gave? We're missing his final post on Catcher, and it was a good un'

done smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Thanks Neemo for fixing my original post!! Sorry for messing it up the first time!

Wow...the answers to this interview were even better than yesterday. You get a real impression of Axl's intelligence and some of this stuff is things i've been wondering for such a long time. Very Very interesting and great answers.

As hardcore fans of the music, knowing this sort of detail is like filling in the missing piece...i'm so happy. Thanks Axl for everything.

Well I have to say it's cool Axl seems to actually enjoy chatting with the fans.I know it must be a pain in the ass to answer so many questions,so I've got nothing negative to say about it now. 16

Board footer