You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Axl Rose/Dexter forum chat discussion thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Whether it's Axl or anybody, I still think nuGuns is dumb. GNR is GNR to me, no need for a prefix.

as far as i can recall i only ever used it to differentiate 2 different eras

well for a while i used it jsut to piss peopel off cuz it made them so mad...kinda like gettinga rouse outta people with the hair metal thing 16

Sky Dog wrote:

yeah there is...completely different band, alot of different sounds, way different...

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Interesting to read that the music Slash brought to GN'R (ie. Snakepit) was done and Axl wasn't allowed to change anything, even lyrics. I think I'd read Axl mention that before, but reinforcing it again shows how Slash didn't want to compromise anything this time.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

It's so difficult to tell who's telling the truth. It's somewhere in the middle. I am glad Axl has given us his side of the story regarding the old band. Slash and the boys definitely weren't as innocent as they have portrayed through the years, but at the same time I have a hard time fully believing some of the stuff Axl says. I have a tough time believing that the old members told him to sing whatever they wrote or fuck off. By that point Izzy was out of the band and the only other viable lyricist was Axl. The other guys are chumps in this department so I can't believe they would be arrogant enough to tell him not to write any lyrics. But hey, maybe they were that arrogant. Both Duff and Slash were completely trashed with drugs and alcohol back then. Both of those tend to alter your behavior.

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It may not be, but to deny the fact that MyGNR & HTGTH heavily censor to KISS THE ASS of the band is undeniable.

They insult the intelligence of Guns N' Roses, they insult the intelligence of Axl and they insult the intelligence of their members.

They are basically telling you "Axl you're too STUPID to handle these questions". They are saying "Regular poster, you're too ignorant to know the right questions to ask".

You can talk all day about how it's no big deal, but the bottom line - it is. Nazis on a power trip controlling and censoring how the fans speak is beyond lame.

I once again want to thank the intelligent posters on those boards that asked good questions. But the trolls and mods have been a joke - like I expected them to be. Asskissers to the 'nth degree.

Come on, nobody is insulting anybody's intelligence...if you read it and respond you are no different. Fuck'em .....let them do what they want. Seriously, why would Axl even remotely think about coming here? Re-read your own posts. Nobody wants to consistently live their life in a confrontational, argumentative manner....much less a guy with a pretty "tumultuos" life. Why spend your energy on so much negative stuff? Axl seems pretty happy and semi content....let it be.:peace:

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

Maybe he was taking a long time over the lyrics, and the others were fed up waiting.  That's the only scenario I can see the others doing that, it seems a very odd thing to do.  I also got the impression Axl really thought he was going to be fired if he didn't get the name:

If I hadn’t secured the rights I don’t know where I’d be and I’d probably call what would then be the current lineup “Those mother fuckers!!”

Sky Dog wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

It's so difficult to tell who's telling the truth. It's somewhere in the middle. I am glad Axl has given us his side of the story regarding the old band. Slash and the boys definitely weren't as innocent as they have portrayed through the years, but at the same time I have a hard time fully believing some of the stuff Axl says. I have a tough time believing that the old members told him to sing whatever they wrote or fuck off. By that point Izzy was out of the band and the only other viable lyricist was Axl. The other guys are chumps in this department so I can't believe they would be arrogant enough to tell him not to write any lyrics. But hey, maybe they were that arrogant. Both Duff and Slash were completely trashed with drugs and alcohol back then. Both of those tend to alter your behavior.

truth always lies more in the middle....they all fucked it up.:/

Sky Dog wrote:

wow...I actually just read it.....hammer time. Reunion....no and probably never. I would hope nobody ever asks for Axl's version again. I am not commenting on whether it is right or wrong, but what more can he say?

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

truth always lies more in the middle....they all fucked it up.:/

Yes but that's not how it's been portrayed over the years, now is it? If I were Axl I'd have a very difficult time reuniting with those guys after all the slandering crap they said about him while he didn't say a damn bit of anything about them until recently.

Board footer