You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Axl Rose/Dexter forum chat discussion thread

DCK wrote:

It's a well-known fact that those who have mental illness seem to be honest and sincere

Do you refer to anyone you feel is a bit "off" by diagnosing them with an mentall illness a doctor never did? Should I call you "doctor" from now on? big_smile And just where did you observe your patient enough to diagnose him? big_smile

I'd be very careful about where you (you in general) step with this, doesn't matter if it means Slash, Duff or Axl.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
DCK wrote:

It's a well-known fact that those who have mental illness seem to be honest and sincere

Do you refer to anyone you feel is a bit "off" by diagnosing them with an mentall illness a doctor never did?

Axl is diagnosed with mental illness. Manic depression isn't fun (he talks about it in older interviews) and he's paranoid as hell, although I'm not sure if he got a doctor to tell him. Maybe once it happened, but he later realized that Slash paid for the wrong diagnose. wink

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Axl is diagnosed with mental illness. Manic depression isn't fun (he talks about it in older interviews) and he's paranoid as hell, although I'm not sure if he got a doctor to tell him. Maybe once it happened, but he later realized that Slash paid for the wrong diagnose.

If he ever was diagnosed it's about 20 years ago. It's not very reliable to put judgement on.

And even so, based on the diagnosis he was given 20 years ago, you're still not qualified to blame any of his actions of today or the past on the sickness.

Just because I get into a fight in a bar doesn't mean I have ADHD if you know what I mean.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Mental illness isn't something that just goes away. I'm surprised that after all what happened and not happened in the GN'R/Axl Rose world in the last 5-10-20 years you are in denial. Haven't you realized that he always blames others? How the whole world, journalists, musicians, managers, fans just wanna get him? Haven't you realized his no-shows, total reclusive years, his antics on and off stage? Haven't you heard of his comments a few years ago about the 'reunion' that meant he had to collect the pieces of his mind? Etc., etc., etc.
Oh, doesn't matter anyway, it's not important at all, doesn't afffect my life or yours.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think that he self diagonsed himself in an old interview and said that some of his behaviour may have some manic depression tendancies....it was a long while ago but as far as i know its been refuted a few times that he was never professionally diagnosed with anything

i do find it a bit amusing that some of you who have openly claimed never to have done drugs or have very limited experiences with alcohol and or drugs are all of a sudden experts on what these substances do to a person's mind

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

^ very true.

And without laying more blame on Axl for his mental issues, isn't some of the reason Duff and Slash were so trashed all the time is because they were trying to pass time while they sat around and waited for Axl to get his shit together?

And looking back over what Axl wrote, it just seems more than anything, that there was a lack of good communication between them all.
Surely if Axl said, hey guys "going on late is the only way I can perform and when I feel most comfortable on stage" do you think they might not have gotten so pissed at sitting around waiting for him?

And with allot of the other stuff he brings up, it sounds like they just needed to get in the one room and talk to each other, because allot of it ended up being "he said this", and "he said that" and ultimately that turned them against him.

I agree that a lack of communication probably was the root of a lot of problems, but in regards to the going on late issue, I am not sure that would have changed their minds. Axl explained himself without sounding like an asshole, but at the end of the day he's still just being selfish. He should just suck it up and do his job instead of making everyone else wait so he can feel comfortable.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
MrWonderful wrote:

The 2nd mygnr postings reinforce how prominent a figure Slash still is to Axl.  Axl may be pissed at him, but he wouldn't have given him so much attention if it wasn't someone he held dear.  The Slash "breakup" seems to weight heavier on him than any of his female breakups.

That's an interesting thought. I always felt he was more bitter towards Slash because Slash has survived the breakup and is a pretty well-liked figure in the public eye while Axl is more of a punchline.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Regarding Adler, didn't Slash write about his firing in his book? Coulda sworn I remember Slash talking about how fucked up Adler was and that they took the "sometimes you just gotta turn a man loose" approach. Or perhaps I'm hallucinating, I don't know.

no you're right, they all did their share of drugs but Adler got to the point where he wasnt capable of doing anything....this is during the wake of AFD and Lies and on the verge of the UYI's they knew they were about to blow up and they needed some stability even though they lived in a world of madness...i do recall one time in an interview that Axl said that one amazing attribute that Slash had was  that no matter how fucked up he was that he could still play guitar (I think it was an Axl interview...i cant recall exactly)

anyway, everythign is cool until you cant function anymore...then you get thrown to the dogs...pack mentality..they really had no choice but to fire steven..as sad as the situation is thats the reality....never even mind the personal shit that supposedly happened

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:
MrWonderful wrote:

The 2nd mygnr postings reinforce how prominent a figure Slash still is to Axl.  Axl may be pissed at him, but he wouldn't have given him so much attention if it wasn't someone he held dear.  The Slash "breakup" seems to weight heavier on him than any of his female breakups.

That's an interesting thought. I always felt he was more bitter towards Slash because Slash has survived the breakup and is a pretty well-liked figure in the public eye while Axl is more of a punchline.

Axl talked about the bitter thing?

Dexter wrote:
some dude wrote:

No offense, but Axl sounds bitter as fuck. Especially about Slash. We're supposed to believe that everything that has happened is someone else's fault and EVERYTHING we've been told about him are all lies.

I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

People love sayin' that middle trip. Easy to say but not so easy to prove.

Unfortunately it's not in the middle and I can back up every last line in my bit or I wouldn't be here.

You love his work and whatever else. More power to you!

And no, I'm not bitter at least in the sense of how you used it conveys. Felt good gettin' some of that off my chest and as I said that's just the tip.

If that's your honest impression it's definitely not rose colored lenses you're wearing. And I looked up the definition of bitter once in a pocket dictionary and got "having anger at something unjust or evil". I'm not angry but when I am with this particular someone who I thought was once my friend... the definition fits.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think part of the resentment though is neither side really understanding where the other side is coming from.  Something like this - as bad as it might paint Slash - can actually be a positive because at least finally the cards are on the table.  It's hard to mend something if you don't really know what needs to be mended.  Also, as Axl stated, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

He is very Slash focused.  Some of it good (admitting again he can't make an old Guns style record without him) and a lot of it not so good (lawsuits, false accusations, etc).  There is some respect there no matter what.  I wasn't really sure of that until I read what he said.

Agreed.  Obviously a reunion seems farther away then ever after reading Axl's thoughts.  Though I never really bought into the reunion talk anyway I thought ONE day WAY down the line it could possibly happen.  I'd say right now that doesn't look very likely.  BUT, as buzzsaw said, at least now all the cards are on the table.  Axl got a LOT off his chest and I'm sure he feels great about that now.  Now that his feelings are out in the open it could possibly lead to some forgiveness over time.  Again, I wouldn't bet on it, as it seems that Axl is completely committed to continuing on with the new guys.  But I wouldn't say NEVER, just not anytime soon.

Board footer