You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Questions for Axl if he visits GN'R Evolution

buzzsaw wrote:

You can get an honest answer to an honest question without stating your bias as part of the question.  I don't think starting him out by saying "Given your obvious hatred towards Slash" is going to relax his guard to give you an honest answer.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Those aren't really honest questions though. They're slanted big time.

You think? I think theyre valid anough after the essay written by Axl yesterday. If the mods have a problem, thats fine, I'll edit it happily.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
misterID wrote:

You think? I think theyre valid anough after the essay written by Axl yesterday. If the mods have a problem, thats fine, I'll edit it happily.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the question per se, I just don't think you're going to get the result you're looking for.  The questions may be valid, the way they are being asked isn't doing you any favors.  Take that from someone that is as interested as you are in getting them answered.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

agreed.

not a very wise approach - let's not drive him out

the leader of guns n roses is posting at the guns n roses forums - now is not the time

Locomotive98

Locomotive98 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't think there's anything wrong with the question per se, I just don't think you're going to get the result you're looking for.  The questions may be valid, the way they are being asked isn't doing you any favors.  Take that from someone that is as interested as you are in getting them answered.

I just changed it up a bit - probably a bit confrontational maybe. Cheers

If the mods could edit my post thats been quoted I'd be grateful. Thanks.

Sky Dog wrote:

wow...let that go I want to see his answer!!! Loco, I assume Axl and Izzy still being friends doesn't count? 18:haha:

Locomotive98

Locomotive98 wrote:
madagas wrote:

wow...let that go I want to see his answer!!! Loco, I assume Axl and Izzy still being friends doesn't count? 18:haha:

Lol. It was that question or 'Do you prefer cats or dogs?'. I'd love to see his answers 16 But I dont want him to stay away if he thinks certain questions are confrontational! After all the only person allowed to call me 'a little c**t' is my girlfriend.

Izzy is just an all round good guy I think. A lot of people have fallen out with old friends - doesnt mean bridges cant be built later in life. Hint hint!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl called him a little cunt because he was intentionally being confrontational, just like your original post.

You're a Slashite. Plain and simple Loco. Not saying that as a dig, but Axl himself said it. If you like them and their music, more power to you.

But in his mind, it sometimes interferes with the truth.

I'm not singleling you out, but i've watched some people across the 'net, since Axl spoke, that almost feel like they have to defend Slash. To immediately take a stance.

Throughout Axl's statements, I haven't once come across a Slash bash. Just his side of the story. And obviously they are going to disagree, or otherwise the band would've never broke up.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'm not singleling you out, but i've watched some people across the 'net, since Axl spoke, that almost feel like they have to defend Slash. To immediately take a stance.

Throughout Axl's statements, I haven't once come across a Slash bash. Just his side of the story. And obviously they are going to disagree, or otherwise the band would've never broke up.

I agree with this.  I haven't gone out defending Slash against anything Axl says and I'm one of the biggest Slash supporters out there.  I don't think Axl said anything wrong or offensive.  He said how he feels.  There's no Slash bashing in any of the posts any more than there's Axl bashing in Slash's book. 

They obviously still have some respect for each other from a musical standpoint and love and appreciation for the music they were able to create together.  Beyond that, there are a lot of negative feelings on both sides about things that may or may not have happened that are keeping the sides apart.  That's ok.  If Axl doesn't ever want to work with Slash because of what happened or what he perceives happened, who am I to tell him otherwise?  Any negative comments that I read about Slash were directed at things more than they were at Slash himself.  The people around him that tried to manipulate him, the lawyers, etc.  He takes very few direct jabs at Slash other than how he markets himself, which is really none of Axl's business. 

Axl seems to believe that Slash uses Axl to promote himself.  I don't know that I agree, but that's what he believes.  If Axl were fielding questions from the media the way Slash does, he may feel differently since he'd be asked about Slash all the time.  It goes with the territory.  McCartney probably still fields questions about John.  But Axl sees it as using him or the GnR legacy (which Slash helped create) to promote himself.  One could argue Axl is doing the same thing, but whatever.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Its ironic that this site has a rep for being full of haters, when you look at the big sites and the usual cat-fights are breaking out everywhere yet again.

Board footer