You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Questions for Axl if he visits GN'R Evolution

Neemo wrote:

all we really wanted was for Axl to know that we care

haha...most of us just wanted him to tell us his story. now that we have it most of us are content....James has been absent as of late, i'm sure he'll be commenting on all of this...typical for this to go down when he's busy elsewhere 16

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

He's like Clark Kent, Superman shows up and he's nowhere to be seen..hmmmm hmm

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'm not singleling you out, but i've watched some people across the 'net, since Axl spoke, that almost feel like they have to defend Slash. To immediately take a stance.

Throughout Axl's statements, I haven't once come across a Slash bash. Just his side of the story. And obviously they are going to disagree, or otherwise the band would've never broke up.

I agree with this.  I haven't gone out defending Slash against anything Axl says and I'm one of the biggest Slash supporters out there.  I don't think Axl said anything wrong or offensive.  He said how he feels.  There's no Slash bashing in any of the posts any more than there's Axl bashing in Slash's book. 

They obviously still have some respect for each other from a musical standpoint and love and appreciation for the music they were able to create together.  Beyond that, there are a lot of negative feelings on both sides about things that may or may not have happened that are keeping the sides apart.  That's ok.  If Axl doesn't ever want to work with Slash because of what happened or what he perceives happened, who am I to tell him otherwise?  Any negative comments that I read about Slash were directed at things more than they were at Slash himself.  The people around him that tried to manipulate him, the lawyers, etc.  He takes very few direct jabs at Slash other than how he markets himself, which is really none of Axl's business. 

Axl seems to believe that Slash uses Axl to promote himself.  I don't know that I agree, but that's what he believes.  If Axl were fielding questions from the media the way Slash does, he may feel differently since he'd be asked about Slash all the time.  It goes with the territory.  McCartney probably still fields questions about John.  But Axl sees it as using him or the GnR legacy (which Slash helped create) to promote himself.  One could argue Axl is doing the same thing, but whatever.

I don't think Axl was getting at the GN'R legacy. I think what Axl was getting at was actively promoting himself as Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash, like he did with Guitar Hero III. I guess Slash thought it made it okay, because at the same time he was doing GH3 commercials, playing VR's Slither.

Either way, I saw it like Axl did. And considering the fact GN'R actively toured last year in Australia & Japan, sans Slash, and then GH3 comes out with Jungle, a CGI mock of Slash on the cover, and a dueling solo on GNR's Jungle - yeah, it kind of came across as a Guns N' Roses venture, for which it wasn't.

I think what Axl's wanting on a legal level, is for Slash to seperate his image from GNR's, considering the fact he's not in the band in anymore, and hasn't been for the last 12 years, going on 13.

We can go on all day long about how he helped make those songs, and he helped create those songs, but it's bullshit. You don't see Axl out there lending his image to GH, and using and OLD GN'R song to do it. Regardless of whether he originally recorded on it or not, i'd be giving Axl the same hard time.

At this point, Slash needs to ONLY lend his image to VR. Axl needs to ONLY lend his image to new GN'R and their music. If Axl was added to Rock Band 2, I wouldn't have a problem with it, because Shackler's Revenge is the song they are trying to promote. A CD song.

I'm not saying that fans shouldn't be robbed of old GN'R music on future releases of GH & RB. God knows we'd all want to see that as GN'R fans and gamers. They just need to leave their image and that extra paycheck at home.

And in Axl's eyes, Slash did what he did best once again - cash in on that image.

Now we could sit back and say, "well isn't that what Axl's doing? Touring around with a cover band named Guns N' Roses, performing old GN'R tunes?" No, not in my eyes it isn't. Because Axl has reinvented his image for the new band. You don't see him running around in bicycle shorts and a bandana. You don't see Robin, Bucket or Ron trying to emulate Slash. You don't see Richard trying to be Izzy, or Tommy trying to be Duff, etc. Everyone is very original, including Axl himself. The new Guns is a totally reinvented image of Guns N' Roses.

The only person still trying to sound and look like he did 20+ years ago is Slash. And that would be fine in other circumstances, as long as he were associating that traditional image with VR. But when you try to associate that image to GN'R, a membership to which you are no longer apart of, which is an active band (I say that very very loosely), it creates problems.

So in that sense, I don't think you can compare what Slash has done to Axl. If anything Axl's went above an beyond to intentionally try to avoid not going that route of just recreating the old band and it's image and it's sound from top-to-bottom. If Axl were doing just a rehash, it'd be reading him the riot act too.

Olorin wrote:

Its ironic that this site has a rep for being full of haters, when you look at the big sites and the usual cat-fights are breaking out everywhere yet again.

That's because we have such a thing on this board called - adults. 22

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Its ironic that this site has a rep for being full of haters, when you look at the big sites and the usual cat-fights are breaking out everywhere yet again.

That's because we have such a thing on this board called - adults. 22

Who you callin' adult, asswipe?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Why don't you shut the fuck up, fucktard. 16

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I read that Slash called to Axl's house a couple of years ago. I would really like to hear about this from Axl, like did it happen and does he know what Slash wanted.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I think someone asked about that. I don't believe it was answered, or I don't recall it being answered.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I have a question for Axl.

How did it feel to have Slash in your ass? Did it hurt? How do you pass through airport security in that situation? Hmmm.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Ummm... in the Guitar Hero commercials, Slash played Slither. So, he's not lending shit to GNR. He happens to be in a game that features GNR and also has downloadable VR content.

I'll stick with...

"Axl...

I'm from Seymour, Indiana, and, the first time that I heard you make the Auschwitz reference, I knew exactly where you were coming from. I have to say though, either this place is getting a little better over time or I'm just getting better at over-looking it in my old age (25). Do you ever come back to visit or do you feel like it's basically not worth the hassle?

Anyway, thanks for the music. "Better" and "Prostitute" are amazing."

Board footer