You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: There really seems to be a buildup now...

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I do as well.  Isn't this the reason (outside of the music of course) we all follow this guy?  He doesn't conform, he doesn't "play by the rules", he gets the asshole reputation but in the end he's true.  This guy is 100% rock n roll...not a poser.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Yep Slinger, he's the real deal... And I know this may sound cheesy and shit, but I cant begin to explain what he has meant to my life. I grew up idolizing the man since I was like in the 2nd grade after the Ritz concert aired. When someone or something means so much to you, ya know, it would be cool if he could know that, if that makes sense. I hope he knows that.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

on the other hand certain managment types are known for caracter repair

LoneSalBugz
 Rep: 3 

LoneSalBugz wrote:

Dude, Chinese Democracy has already been released.. neutral

Build-up? huh. Give it time, I'm sure there'll be some cool things down the road, but I could read your post 2 years ago, and I'd probably agree. Just not including the bit about Axl talking to us on forums!

I'll drink to that anyway, knowing Axl fucking Rose was answering fans questions in a fun and cool manner was unbelievable, real happy times for us now. smile

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl said it himself, we're talking about this in our own backyard.

These chats were in no way meant for promo imo. Axl could've talked to anyone in the world he wanted to. Broke his silence to any network.... and he chose us. The big interview scored from Axl... was the fans. And for free.

Axl knows just about everyone on these boards has already bought the album, went to concerts, and supported the band every step of the way, whether good or bad feedback. We've been there.

I feel touched by that gesture. It means alot. It's basically his way of saying, I know you guys were there and bought the album, and put the numbers up that it got, and for that - I thank you.

I know GN'R is a big brand name, but even through bandmates and Axl's personal life, he's surrounded himself by his group. A video may be ready, a big promotion, who knows... but at the end of the day, he himself might be satisfied with his dedicated and loyal diehards, and not really looking for that casual fan. The one that as soon as it's not cool to like GN'R, it's "fuck this, and fuck that" and they bail on the band.

I'm probably looking too far into it tho...

maybe not, he already has alot of money and will always have catalog sales from the old records. He did not seem upset at all about CD's sales....did he even bring it up? He also discussed the release of more material so he seemed pretty at peace to me....maybe he was stoned as beeejebus?!:haha:

R.B. Huckleberry
 Rep: 2 

My point is: things are happening more now, not less. It's not the usual set of circumstances for an album release. Everyting up until this point has been unprecedented. I'm not willing to apply the "usual" outcomes to anything regarding Chinese Democracy.

Sky Dog wrote:

A: Ha!! I’m wearin’ ‘em now and skateboarding in my crib filled with blue jello while on acid for I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!! 14:laugh: funny line.

I think he was pretty honest and upfront that he doesn't really have any mapped out plans for a tour or the release of another record. Outside of a video, which should be released either way, what is happening that doesn't happen with any other normal record???

R.B. Huckleberry
 Rep: 2 

Um...the past 17 friggin' years?!!?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
madagas wrote:

A: Ha!! I’m wearin’ ‘em now and skateboarding in my crib filled with blue jello while on acid for I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!! 14:laugh: funny line.

I think he was pretty honest and upfront that he doesn't really have any mapped out plans for a tour or the release of another record. Outside of a video, which should be released either way, what is happening that doesn't happen with any other normal record???

i thought he seemed confident new album would be out around the same time next year

Board footer