You are not logged in. Please register or login.

R.B. Huckleberry
 Rep: 2 

Re: There really seems to be a buildup now...

Not just Axl posting on the forums. This past week I've heard more GNR music on the radio (WAAF, WHJY)...including "Better" & "Chinese Democracy". I've seen the TV ad again, Axl was mentioned on Perez hilton's site (my wife is obsessed with Perez's celebrity gossip. The story alleged that Axl is...afraid of people, and that's why he's out of sight. LOL), and my copy of Guitar World came in the mail yesterday & has an interview with Bumblefoot (including some good GNR talk).

I think there have been some "circumstances beyond their control" with the album's release, but they're working through it. There is definitely something brewing here, or the last week has been a string of coincidences.

Either way, it was a great week to be a Guns N' Roses fan.

(edited for spelling errors)

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Good info and this is cool......  But weather it leads to anything more than this I don't know and don't really care..  I like it for what it is.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

i have a feeling they rushed the release (The management) in order to catch Dr. Pepper in a pickle, and sue them, to make some fast easy cash. kind of like why theres only 1 out of 3 album art versions out there, and linernotes full of errors. just my theory

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

There might be a hope for a build up. But I don't see anything outside these forums.

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:
Dadud wrote:

i have a feeling they rushed the release (The management) in order to catch Dr. Pepper in a pickle, and sue them, to make some fast easy cash. kind of like why theres only 1 out of 3 album art versions out there, and linernotes full of errors. just my theory

"rushed the release":laugh:

Sky Dog wrote:

that always cracks me up too....like they didn't have a good 10 years to get the lyrics right!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I have thought for some time that a little promo is all this album needs, the music is solid and will do the rest.  I STILL say we will see this go 3x platinum in the end IF a few good promo moves are made.  The Better video would go a LONG way toward this.

JKL
 Rep: 0 

JKL wrote:

I don't think he's participation wasn't even meant to promote the album. How i see this is that he just wanted to give the fans something special and totally unexpected. I'm not sure what Axl's motives are but all his writings started me thinking maybe he's not that well informed of every GN'R related businesses going on e.g. the ChiDem's amateurish booklet etc.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl said it himself, we're talking about this in our own backyard.

These chats were in no way meant for promo imo. Axl could've talked to anyone in the world he wanted to. Broke his silence to any network.... and he chose us. The big interview scored from Axl... was the fans. And for free.

Axl knows just about everyone on these boards has already bought the album, went to concerts, and supported the band every step of the way, whether good or bad feedback. We've been there.

I feel touched by that gesture. It means alot. It's basically his way of saying, I know you guys were there and bought the album, and put the numbers up that it got, and for that - I thank you.

I know GN'R is a big brand name, but even through bandmates and Axl's personal life, he's surrounded himself by his group. A video may be ready, a big promotion, who knows... but at the end of the day, he himself might be satisfied with his dedicated and loyal diehards, and not really looking for that casual fan. The one that as soon as it's not cool to like GN'R, it's "fuck this, and fuck that" and they bail on the band.

I'm probably looking too far into it tho...

Board footer