You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: U2 - Acoustic Achtung Babies

Bono wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

first and foremost nice post edit. second, you keep basing cd's success or lack thereof on what your friends say. so why not use the same standard on this U2 song? are your friends that dont like it saying "oh i dont like it i need to hear more songs" or this song fucking blows?

Ummm... yeah first and foremost I edited my post cause what I typed wasn't how I wanted it to come across. Gee that's what a  post edit is for.

Secondly, Of my freinds who have heard Get On Your Boots I only know of six who have heard it.  4 of them didn't like it at all but all four came right out and said it's different and they're interested in the album because of that. One guy actually said "it sucks but it's kind of cool"  That's a positive fail. Not a negative fail(CD) which is all I've heard based on my own personal experience.  Excuse me for not jetsetting around the globe to gather opinions of random folks who have heard CD.  The two of my friends that did like it simply said it was awesome.  Not to mention the opinons of countless phone calls they put on air today from listener's pretty much echo what I'm saying to you. Sorry to burst your bubble but this song has made a much bigger impact on radio here(here where I live) than CD has alltogether. They've been talking about it nonstop since Friday when they knew it was coming out.  That's not my fault man. If you're  gonna hang out in a U2 thread in the hopes that I'll go all fanboy and start posting bullshit comments like  EVERYONE I KNOW FUCKING LOVES IT than you're in for a big dissapointment. And if you're in here waitng for U2 to fail you're gonna be waiting  forever man. Plus CD has nothing to do with this and if that's where you wanna take it man you're in for a harsh reality. This single and this album are gonna blow CD outta the water from a  commercial success stand point. Not sure why you'd even wanna bring up CD or Gn'R in this thread. What's there to gain?

Bono

Bono wrote:

Get on Your Boots is George Stroumboulopoulos approved that's awesome. 14:mosh:

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Heard it a few times on the radio today and I'm still unsure of what to make of it.
Sounds strange to me more than anything.

I think it's good of U2 to put out something different though, it sounds nothing like the last few leading singles they've released. Definitely raises my interest for the rest of the album.

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

first and foremost nice post edit. second, you keep basing cd's success or lack thereof on what your friends say. so why not use the same standard on this U2 song? are your friends that dont like it saying "oh i dont like it i need to hear more songs" or this song fucking blows?

Ummm... yeah first and foremost I edited my post cause what I typed wasn't how I wanted it to come across. Gee that's what a  post edit is for.

Secondly, Of my freinds who have heard Get On Your Boots I only know of six who have heard it.  4 of them didn't like it at all but all four came right out and said it's different and they're interested in the album because of that. One guy actually said "it sucks but it's kind of cool"  That's a positive fail. Not a negative fail(CD) which is all I've heard based on my own personal experience.  Excuse me for not jetsetting around the globe to gather opinions of random folks who have heard CD.  The two of my friends that did like it simply said it was awesome.  Not to mention the opinons of countless phone calls they put on air today from listener's pretty much echo what I'm saying to you. Sorry to burst your bubble but this song has made a much bigger impact on radio here(here where I live) than CD has alltogether. They've been talking about it nonstop since Friday when they knew it was coming out.  That's not my fault man. If you're  gonna hang out in a U2 thread in the hopes that I'll go all fanboy and start posting bullshit comments like  EVERYONE I KNOW FUCKING LOVES IT than you're in for a big dissapointment. And if you're in here waitng for U2 to fail you're gonna be waiting  forever man. Plus CD has nothing to do with this and if that's where you wanna take it man you're in for a harsh reality. This single and this album are gonna blow CD outta the water from a  commercial success stand point. Not sure why you'd even wanna bring up CD or Gn'R in this thread. What's there to gain?

Bono, you have to admit, you use your "friends" argument a bit much. Honestly, nobody cares what your friends or sister or grandmother thinks of anything-that includes Gnr, U2, etc. My brother loves Chinese Democracy-so what? Overall popularity will ultimately be reflected accurately in the charts and by the sales statistics.

You make YOUR point and argument and be done with it. Your posts speak for themselves well enough.:)

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

all that said....this song blows

yeah i'm not overly fond of the song either but i'm not a U2 fan so i doubt my opinion means much...for what its worth i think vertigo is 100x better

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

Bono, you have to admit, you use your "friends" argument a bit much. Honestly, nobody cares what your friends or sister or grandmother thinks of anything-that includes Gnr, U2, etc. My brother loves Chinese Democracy-so what? Overall popularity will ultimately be reflected accurately in the charts and by the sales statistics.

You make YOUR point and argument and be done with it. Your posts speak for themselves well enough.:)

My friends are the same type of people that make up the general public. Only I can actually talk to them . Gee what a  fucking surprise.  Overall popularity will be reflected by the charts but my circle of friends and people I know are some of the people determining the results of these charts. If I can't say what the people I know think than everyone else should just shut the fuck up when it comes to talking about what the people they've talked to think about CD think.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Bono wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

there is nothing to gain from it i just find it interesting that you could take everything you said in that original post and a chinese democracy fan could say the exact same thing. also, you do overuse your friends argument. do you know how many friends i have that LOVE, yes, LOVE CD? At least 12, but I don't go around flaunting my friends musical opinion likes its more important than anybody else.

also there is nothing different about me posting in a U2 thread and you posting in a new GNR thread. you have made it very clear that you do not like the album. ok you don't like the album, so stop bitching about it to everyone else with every opportunity you get.  we alllll get it bono, cd was a commercial failure and its because the promotion was awful and the songs suck and axls a dick. fine, now move on.

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

My friends are the same type of people that make up the general public. Only I can actually talk to them . Gee what a  fucking surprise.  Overall popularity will be reflected by the charts but my circle of friends and people I know are some of the people determining the results of these charts. If I can't say what the people I know think than everyone else should just shut the fuck up when it comes to talking about what the people they've talked to think about CD think.

My post wasn't an attack on you and applies to all members. I wish they would shut up about what "their friends" think as well.

Bono

Bono wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

there is nothing to gain from it i just find it interesting that you could take everything you said in that original post and a chinese democracy fan could say the exact same thing. also, you do overuse your friends argument. do you know how many friends i have that LOVE, yes, LOVE CD? At least 12, but I don't go around flaunting my friends musical opinion likes its more important than anybody else.

also there is nothing different about me posting in a U2 thread and you posting in a new GNR thread. you have made it very clear that you do not like the album. ok you don't like the album, so stop bitching about it to everyone else with every opportunity you get.  we alllll get it bono, cd was a commercial failure and its because the promotion was awful and the songs suck and axls a dick. fine, now move on.

You telling me to move on from CD in a  fucking U2 thread? I'm not the one who brought up CD in this thread. Dude it's clear as day you're in here hopeing, dieing for this to fail or for me to be all gaga like a douchebag over this song.  You fucking asked me what my friends are saying. I said it's getting a  mixed reaction. I casually threw out there that my brother hates it but the guy I work with thinks it's awsome. Yeah thats' me going around acting like my friends opinions are more important than anyone else. Gimme a break.
    Also what I said doesn't sound anything at all like a fucking fanboy. The Gn'R fans that have said things similar to what I said are grounded. You called it a fanboy post which it clearly is not. When I read shit in the Gn'R section where people claim everyone they know loves it and that 75 people to a man at work love it and all this garbage, that's fanboy material. I'm openly admiting that the U2 song has gotten a mixed reaction. I've openly question whether I like it alot or if I'm just pumped for a new single. I'm not dumb enough to sit here and say "Gee the music is fucking amazing and anyone who doesn't like this is a dumbass" or "the music speaks for itself but it wasn't promoted as well as vertigo"   I can clearly hear how this won't appeal to everyone. It's different, it's not typical U2. Read back in the thread and I said even before I started gettng feedback on the song that I don't think it's gonna be the smash hit Vertigo was.

Sorry if your Gn'R hopes and dreams of world domination are crushed FlashFlood. It's not my fault or my problem niether is it U2's. Deal with it. I hope it pains you when this song, which according to you "blows" goes #1.

Board footer