You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: U2 - Acoustic Achtung Babies

Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

U.S plays: 529 on the first day.

Is that alot? Average? Low?

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

for U2? Very low.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
strat0 wrote:
Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

for U2? Very low.

Well, I'd say a lot. "Chinese Democracy" the song got 683 on it's first day, but quickly fell down to around 500.

Bono

Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:
strat0 wrote:
Bono wrote:

for U2? Very low.

Well, I'd say a lot. "Chinese Democracy" the song got 683 on it's first day, but quickly fell down to around 500.

That's alright  than. I'd never expect it to get as many plays as CD did in day one.  CD has some exceptional circumstances boosting it  that day.  Will be interesting to see how it holds up.  I wonder what the normal amount of plays are for big single releases?  I guess CD was limited to to basically rock stations or it would've been way higher. Where do you find these stats Bigbri?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I just googled the CD stats, but the U2 info was from a Billboard story today.
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/wor … 2020.story

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

This is a great song.  I really like the middle eastern feel in the chorus.  I'm a sucker for that type of melody.

Bono

Bono wrote:

U2 will perform "Get on Your Boots" for the first time February 18th at the BRIT Awards ceremony in London.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Bono wrote:

U2 will perform "Get on Your Boots" for the first time February 18th at the BRIT Awards ceremony in London.

I'll have to catch that on youtube.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:

Hey when people come at me with shit, saying I'm saying my freinds opinions are more important than anyone elses or that nobody cares what my friends think when I'm clearly using them as my general public gage it's fucking retarded.

Bono: I've gotten some mixed reviews on the song
Whoever:  From who Bono? the general public or your friends?
Bono: Of course not my freinds. Why would I ask them. I'm looking for reactions from the general public and clearly my friend's do not make up the genreal public.

I'm not being defensive Neemo. I'm calling a guy on his obvious bullshit. It's clear FlashFlood is just itching to get in here and discredit my opinion on everything I've said regarding CD.  Nevermind the fact  CD has nothing to do with this. He's waiting for me to go all fanboy on you guys.

Sure your friends make up a portion of the general public, but are they a representative portion? 14

Sorry, this whole argument is dumb.  I'm on your side Bono.  Now i HIGHLY doubt all of your friends are huge U2 fans, so i think it's a decent judge of how the song may do.  I'm not a big U2 fan by any means, but this song sounds good to me.  I can see it being a hit on the radio.

Bono

Bono wrote:

hey guys here's a link for the song Fast Cars which was on their last album How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. Have a listen and you might hear the simliarities with Get On Your Boots. At the very least you can see the natural progression I think. Maybe Boots isn't so different after all.  Rex if you like that middle eastern vibe I think you'll dig Fast Cars

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H7JTRVQB

Board footer