You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: U2 - Acoustic Achtung Babies

PaSnow wrote:

In todays day & age, I could see it as supporting an indusry. John Mellencamp I get it. If the Boss or Pearl Jam loaned a song for a Ford campaign, I'd get it. NFL Network is just corporate greed trying to make more money on top of money. Charging subscribers for a channel that's worth watching about 5 days a year?  Sucks. Cables high enough, we already have enough channels. NFL Network, Big 10 network... what's next?!

I thought it was lame. & I'm not fond of the song to begin with. That's 2 strickes against them for me. They're down 0-2 in the count, better make it happen.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Ford is company in the automobile industry. That industries goal is to make money.  What's the  difference. It's called  marketing. U2 has had an agreement with the NFL for years so why this is a shock or why this  suddenly makes them lame or cheesy is beyond me. Likeing the song or not has nothing to do with it. Or maybe it does. Maybe if it was Beautiful Day it would've gone unnoticed by you but since it's the new single which you happen to dislike maybe it stood out. Again U2's music has been used by the NFL for years.  They're not the only band who has their music featured on NFL network.  Not seeing your point PaSnow. Just seems like an irrational reason to bag on U2. But that's o.k. They've got enough support. They aren't in the "better make it happen" situation that soem other bads are in. To each their own I guess.

For the record I watch NFL network pretty much everyday durring the season. I don't pay extra to get it either so I'm not sure what that's about.

Bono

Bono wrote:

You guys can hear 22 second clips off all songs on the album here:
http://www.u2exit.com/2009/02/download_ … orizon.php

I haven't listend to them and don't plan on listening to them so hurry up and listen to them and give me something to get excited about! 14

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't think I want to listen either. 22 second clips is a terrible way to spoil one of my most anticipated albums this year. I think I'll wait for the full album to leak.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I don't really care so I've had a listen 16 Very hard to make too much of a judgement 22 secs isn't really long enough. Some tracks sound like trademark U2, Magnificent and Unknown Caller especially. Moment of Surrender is all instrumental but sounds promising. I'll Go Crazy sounds like it could be a big song, potential single I think. FEZ sounds very weird, it sounds like it samples some of Get on Your Boots but it jumps all over the place, very experimental.

The overall feel is softer than I'd expected there's nothing like Vertigo on there. I wouldn't mind hearing full versions of NLOTH, Moment of Surrender, Magnificent, Unknown Caller and I'll Go Crazy. The rest didn't really stand out to me.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Bono wrote:

You guys can hear 22 second clips off all songs on the album here:
http://www.u2exit.com/2009/02/download_ … orizon.php

I haven't listend to them and don't plan on listening to them so hurry up and listen to them and give me something to get excited about! 14

I just tried to listen to those clips and they are no longer available.

I'll take that as a sign I am supposed to wait. 16

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I don't have a link because I'm on my Blackberry, but I just read at redeyechicago.com that U2 is playing on Letterman five nights in a row soon.

Bono

Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I don't have a link because I'm on my Blackberry, but I just read at redeyechicago.com that U2 is playing on Letterman five nights in a row soon.

from u2.com

Five Nights with Letterman

The band will be guests on the Late Show with David Letterman on Monday March 2nd... and then again on the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Coinciding with the worldwide release of No Line on the Horizon, it's the first time a musical guest has performed an entire week on the CBS late night broadcast.

Monday, March 2-Friday, March 6 (11:35 PM-12:37 AM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

That is FUCKING AWESOME!!!  9:mosh::mosh:  They are the absolute masters of promotion and I don't think anyone can deny that.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … d=51841712

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Bono wrote:

They are the absolute masters of promotion and I don't think anyone can deny that.

After CD's release, no arguement here.

Just curious, do people on the U2 forums know your a big GnR forum poster?

Bono

Bono wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Bono wrote:

They are the absolute masters of promotion and I don't think anyone can deny that.

After CD's release, no arguement here.

Just curious, do people on the U2 forums know your a big GnR forum poster?

16 Maybe. I've talked Gn'R before and stuff but there's honestly so many people on the u2 sites that I don't spend enough time on them to really be "known"  The discussion threads on U2 sites get too big too fast that if you miss a day it's over. Your post is hidden on page 16 of a 36 page thread so...... I mostly just go to U2 sites for news.

Board footer