You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: U2 - Acoustic Achtung Babies

PaSnow wrote:

Awesome news. Hope it's not a let down. You sure never can tell with them Bono. I remember reading an article  on them a few weeks/months prior to 'All that you  can't leave behind". It spoke with Edge or heard him rehearsing some 3 chord song (Beautiful Day) and how it's basic, but also new. I thought they were full of it & thought "Pfffft, U2 14 .... that albums gonna stink" Turned out i liked the song & album.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Cool, I'm looking forward to this. I discovered a new found appreciation for U2 after seeing that U2:3D live concert film.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

geez...talk about hosing your fans

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

geez...talk about hosing your fans

Gimme a break.  If there's one thing U2 doesn't do it's fuck over thier fans. The hardcores will buy the boxset and love it. Those that just want the album can get just the album. If some want a slimmed down version of the boxset they offer that too.  If we wanna talk about hosing fans look no further than the braided one. If I had to choose between a  boxset or an album full of leaked songs which I've been listening to for years I'll take the boxset. How's that hosing your fans?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't see any problem with it either. U2's fans are pretty loyal and hardcore. U2 is the only mainstream band to not see a negative slide in this downloading era. Regardless of the quality of the album, I can guarantee this is the top seller of 2009. This strategy isn't a band begging for sales, its just a way to offer their product in various formats.

That magazine edition sounds really cool. I'll probably buy that version, although it is a bit pricey.

Bono

Bono wrote:

The mention of Will.I.Am worries me. U2 have never done something like that before. They had Johnny Cash sing on a song called the Wanderer on the Zooropa album but they've never had a guest who's currently popular and from an entirely different genre.  Plus it's not like he's Wycleff or Tupac. hes fucking Will.I.Am from the Black Eyed Peas. That worries me.  Maybe it'll be good but...... Maybe it's just in a some production form.  Please U2 just don't sell out.  It's fine to collaborate on projects but when it's a U2 project they gotta be careful.

Bono

Bono wrote:

Q Magazine gets first listen of No Line on the Horizon
http://promo.q4music.com/q4music/u2/inside-teaser.shtml

I can only blame myself for being sucked into the hype but this is starting to sound really fucking promising.  The guys in the band are talking about this in a much different way than the last few albums. Previously Bono would be the blow hard coming up with outrageous claims that they have recorded the "mother of all rock songs" which turned out to be Vertigo and that the music sounds like "Punk Rock on Venus" 16  The hype coming from band members and the producers this time around seems much more real. Much more genuine. I'm excited 9

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Vertigo lived up to that hype. Any band would have sold their souls for a catchy track like that. Even grandmas were dancing in the street to that song.

If The Edge thinks its the best U2 album yet, we are certainly in for a treat in a few months.

Bono

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Vertigo lived up to that hype. Any band would have sold their souls for a catchy track like that. Even grandmas were dancing in the street to that song.

If The Edge thinks its the best U2 album yet, we are certainly in for a treat in a few months.

Vertigo lived up to the hype of a catchy lead single James sure but a song like Vertigo does not live up to "mother of all rock songs".  Now if Bono had said "mother of all rock singles" than maybe 16 But as credible music  fans neither you or I can say with a straight face that Vertigo is even in the conversation of greatest rock song ever let alone "Mother of all rock songs" 16

I agree with you though that if The Edge is talking then something good is happening. It's alwasy been Bono, Bono, Bono hypeing the albums. At least the last two albums  but here you've got The Edge and Lanois leading the charge on how excited they are. that's awesome.

Board footer