You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: U2 - Acoustic Achtung Babies

Sky Dog wrote:

a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle......:lol:

cuing up Achtung as soon as I get in the car.:rock:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Apparently to combat a widespread leak earlier this week, U2 is streaming its new album, "No Line on the Horizon," today on its MySpace page.

The move comes after staffers at Universal Music Australia inadvertently made "No Line On the Horizon" available digitally more than a week before its release. The album was briefly available for sale on the Universal-affiliated Getmusic.com.au and was promptly uploaded to P2P sites the world over.

Universal and U2's management had taken extensive steps to keep "Horizon" under wraps. Critics weren't sent review copies, but were invited to listening parties where recording devices were banned.

The legendary Irish rockers' manager Paul McGuinness sent shockwaves rippling across the music and telecommunications industries when he delivered a speech at the MidemNet conference in 2008 in which he urged ISPs to take responsibility for copyright violations.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/u2- … 3462.story

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Bono what's really crazy is that Achtung, the Black album, and UYI all came out within about a month or two of each other. I'm not comparing them to what U2 did, but it's pretty remarkable to have 3 huge rock releases put out in such a close timeframe. Interesting note too, Nevermind was also released in that timeframe, although it took a few months later before that gained momentum (around January 92)

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Bono what's really crazy is that Achtung, the Black album, and UYI all came out within about a month or two of each other. I'm not comparing them to what U2 did, but it's pretty remarkable to have 3 huge rock releases put out in such a close timeframe. Interesting note too, Nevermind was also released in that timeframe, although it took a few months later before that gained momentum (around January 92)

Don't forget Ten by Pearl Jam. 1991 was an epic year for mainstreme music no doubt about it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You're forgetting Badmotorfinger as well, which smokes those albums you two listed with the exception being UYI I. tongue

On a serious note, since U2 seem interested in containing the leak by just doing a myspace stream, we'll respect that and remove the links here to the album. If you haven't downloaded it yet but want to, go back a few pages to the links.

I'll be deleting those links tonight.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

You're forgetting Badmotorfinger as well, which smokes those albums you two listed with the exception being UYI I. tongue

On a serious note, since U2 seem interested in containing the leak by just doing a myspace stream, we'll respect that and remove the links here to the album. If you haven't downloaded it yet but want to, go back a few pages to the links.

I'll be deleting those links tonight.

Never was a Soundgarden fan. Good music, good singer but as a whole it just never came together for me.

Good idea about removing the NLOTH links James. I'm hardly one to preach for people to buy the album(I downloaded CD but that's the only album I've ever done that with) but unless you have some issue with U2 and feel they've dicked you around and don't deserve the support than fair enough.  If you feel buying the album goes against what you believe and your own integrity fair enough. 16 Other than that though it'd be cool to support it especially if you like the album.

Bono's been vocal in the past that as long as people are enjoying the music than downloading ist a big problem with them but I do understand their desire to keep the thing somewhat underwraps untill the release date. But I garauntee that the entire U2 camp know full well that given the response to this leak it's only gonna help sales.

Sky Dog wrote:

I miss 1991....the last year of the rock star? Me thinks yes. sad

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I'm really liking Moment of Surrender. I'm not a major U2 fan by any means, but I wanted to see what the fuss was about 16

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Well look at now. We Have this, Chinese Democracy, Black Ice, and Death Magnetic.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Sorry for double post but what's that U2 song that says And you give yourself away, and you give yourself away, and you give, and you give, and you give yourself away...

Board footer