You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: U2 - Acoustic Achtung Babies

Bono wrote:

U2 performing live on the rooftop of the BBC. I watched Get on Your Boots but haven't and won't watch Magnificent untill the album comes out. I'm too close to hear stuff now 16

Get On Your Boots
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn3Gno7w … 94426.html

Magnificent
[youtube]ip_Hr90MyDE&feature=related[/youtube]

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono

Bono wrote:

This kicks ass. 2009 interview / documentary / retrospective  + a wicked in studio performance of No Line on the Horizon. This is the type of stuff fans love to see. Seriously watch this. It's great! 22

The Culture Show: U2 Special

Part 1.
[youtube]4wOm6ghQX-c&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

Part 2.
[youtube]0CCHKGPiLeA&NR=1[/youtube]

Part 3.
[youtube]d7lulo6FqGQ&feature=related[/youtube]

Bono

Bono wrote:

Adam Clayton: "We're always competing with the greats. We're always competing with The Who, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles"

Bono: "And that's a very humiliating experience"

14 This band is so fucking cool.  9

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Thanks for posting. I'll watch those clips tomorrow.

If Axl wants a crash course on how to promote the album, he should be paying attention to No Line on the Horizon.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

It's literally been a bombarment this week, U2 have been inescapable. That roofshow performance is excellent, they did Get On Your Boots, Magnificent, Vertigo and Beautiful Day.

Even if this album was awful it'd sell millions, they are the masters of good promotion.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/more … oston.html

U2 is pulling out all the stops to hype its new CD, "No Line on the Horizon," which hits stores Tuesday. Bono and the boys played a surprise gig Friday on top of the BBC building in London, and Monday the lads take up residence on "The Late Show with David Letterman," where they'll be Dave's musical guest all week. (It's the first time a band has been given five nights on Letterman's show.) That's not all. According to the Hartford's Courant Eric Danton, the guerilla marketing campaign continues Friday, when Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton, and Larry Mullen Jr. play what was supposed to be a "secret show" on the steps of Keating Hall at Fordham University. (Profs have been asked to cancel all their classes, but not told why.) So what, you say? Well, it's very hush-hush, but we hear that the Irish icons are looking to play a similarly stealth club show in Boston. No one will confirm it - or deny it, for that matter - -but word is the mega-selling band, which had no difficulty selling out seven shows at the former FleetCenter in 2005, may return to its roots with a show March 11 at the Paradise. Why not the more spacious House of Blues? U2 is nothing if not nostalgic, and the band played its first headlining show in Boston at the Paradise in 1981. (For what it's worth, the Wailers are booked to play the Paradise March 11.) Of course, this would not be the band's only New England show promoting its 12th album. They're expected to play at Gillette Stadium in September.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Cant wait for them to schedule the tour dates. They're guaranteed to do at least one bay area show, and I'll definitely be there.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

More on their Boston appearance

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/blog/200 … u2s_h.html

To promote its new album "No Line on the Horizon," out tomorrow, U2 will play a show next Wed. March 11 at a yet-to-be disclosed location in town. (Our colleague Mark Shanahan reported on this possibility in the Names blog yesterday and in today's Globe, but this morning we have confirmation). No word yet on whether there will be actual ticket sales but many of the local radio stations are offering "win your way in" contests. Click to check out the options for WBCN, WZLX, WAAF, WBOS, and Mix 98.5.

U2 also begins its weeklong residency tonight on "The Late Show with David Letterman" and, according to the band's website, will announce its stadium tour dates next Monday.

Bono

Bono wrote:

Woooooo!!!!  REALEASE DAY!!!!!   Can't freaking wait. Just over an hour to go for me.  9:mosh::mosh::mosh:

I saw them play Breathe last night on Letterman. Cool song. Had some so so parts but I really liked the opening two verses.

Board footer