You are not logged in. Please register or login.

justbill
 Rep: 16 

Re: U2 - Acoustic Achtung Babies

justbill wrote:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt … 7&s=143441

Just found a link on iTunes Music Store my friend... And according to a Universal Music Canada press release, the first single "Get On Your Boots" is scheduled to be released simultaneously on iTunes and radio on Monday January 19th. (currently scheduled for 3:10am EST) iTunes will have the digital download exclusive for "Get On Your Boots" for the first 24 hours. For iTunes the single will be available both as an individual download, and as an instant grat track for album pre-order (both regular and deluxe version).

Deluxe iTunes version will include Anton Corbijn's "Linear" film, and a digital collector's magazine. When you pre-order the album, you get the single immediately and get access to bonus music not available elsewhere.

I'm taking a wild guess by saying iTunes will probably let this single out of the bag after midnight like most big releases (instead of waiting until 3am)... But, what do I know? We'll have to wait and see. I'm sure this is to stop any "illegal" downloading on the internet. Pretty smart move if you ask me. Plus, we'll all be able to hear it in excellent quality at the same time. Let's keep our fingers crossed on this one. However, I think sales of the "physical" single will suffer when released I'm sure (minus the "core" fans who purchase it).

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Thanks for that link justbill. That's pretty cool. I'm gonna guess itunes will wait though. Dave Fanning always gets world wide exclusive rights to debut the lead singles off U2's albums. It's been that way since day one so I'd imagine itunes will be watched carefully so that it's not available untill 3:00am EST.
Man I'm so jacked for this. I preorderd the limited edition deluxe boxset  of the album as well as the double vinyl record off amazon last night. I'll buy the disc on it's own the day it comes out in stores. Can't wait, Can't wait!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

ha, you know me, I'm all about the guitar, and that Edge sound on the leak is pretty killer.

Bono

Bono wrote:

I can't help but wonder if U2 has figured out a way to stop leaks?  The fans on the U2 sites are as baffled as  I am as to how this song can be mere hours away from radio release and all that's leaked is that 22 second clip. It's unheard of. I'm real curious to see how this plays out with the album and whether they're able to keep it under wraps untill the release date.  Seriously this is odd. Vertigo leaked weeks beore it hit radio and we all know how CD went down.  I love how the clip shows a groovey fun beat but the lyrics are obvioulsy political. At least they seem to be in my opinion. Arrggghhh a few more hours to hear it in full 11

Get On Your Boots 22 second clip
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MYIFJATB

Bono

Bono wrote:

U2's new single Get on Your Boots will be streaming off their official site  http://www.u2.com/ tonight (this morning) at roughly 3:15am EST in North America. 8:15am Dublin, Ireland time.

Bono

Bono wrote:

Not their best performance ever(Bono sounds rough) but here's U2 today at the Obama concert

justbill

justbill wrote:

Well I'm happy to report that the new single "Get On Your Boots" is available on iTunes (use the 'power search' feature and type U2 plus the song title). However it's not available here in the U.S. yet my friends -- I'm sure in about two hours, give or take that it will change and will soon be available. I believe they are actually holding off until 3:10amET this morning for us all here in the states...

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Looking forward to 3:10 this morning. Cautiously optimistic...

justbill

justbill wrote:

Yeah, it's supposed to be a "simultaneous" release at both radio and iTunes this morning... So we shall see very soon. I'm up for the night anyways (I'm at work right now haha)

Bono

Bono wrote:

No doubt they're waiting. Like I mentioned  before Dave Fanning(good friend of the band) has exclusive rights to premier the song on his radio show.  They don't mind their fans dowloading as long  as people enjoy the music. At least that's what Bono has said but I do think they're taking this very serious. Dave Fanning has the privilage of debuting the song and however the hell they've done it U2 management has managed to prevent this song from leaking and we're less than 2 hours away from the radio premier.

Board footer