You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: U2 - Acoustic Achtung Babies

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I wish No Line had been more successful so we would have got that quick follow up to it. That has probably been scrapped.

True. It's pretty sad really. U2's past the point of needing to make a record that's gonna have a bunch of hit singles. Their album will always go #1 and their tours will always be sold out so why not just make an album for themselves.  The sad part is this second album whihc was apparently called Songs of Ascent was supposed to come out late 2009, then got pushed back to 2010 and now there's talk that it MIGHT come out in late 2011. That's garbage.

russtcb wrote:

I really like the Mary J version of One. Is that bad?

Yup 16 Nah it's personal taste but to be honest I think she ruiend it big time. There's no soul or true passion in her voice. To me it's just a  bunch of warbeling and high notes and how loud she can sing. I think it sucks. Although the way the song is arranged and Bono's new vocals on it I do really like. I just can't stand the R&B style of singing Mary J. Blige put into it. I actually saw her perform it live with U2 at Madison Square Garden on October 10th 2005. I thought it was aweful.  Mostly cause I just can't stand when a singer doesn't just hold a fucking note. This flutering all over the spectrum with their voices sucks and often times I think it's to disguise the fact that these so called "amazing singers" can't hold notes on a  consitent basis.

Bono

Bono wrote:

Pretty fucking awesome that they opend with this the other night. Love'em or hate'em nobody can deny they keep things fresh.  T
hey never even opend with this on the Zoo TV tour.
[youtube]F5_dnbyppo8&feature=feedu[/youtube]

Bono

Bono wrote:

You have got to be shittin' me!? They performed Zooropa and someone grabbed the soundboard audio and threw in some multicam fan footage
[youtube]YeuGHa_sbn8&feature=feedu[/youtube]

and this; pro shot footage of them opening with Even Better Than The Real Thing.
[youtube]VSdlmcPQdSE&NR=1[/youtube]

Bono

Bono wrote:

Just a couple pictures I took in Edmonton. No zoom just incredibly close. Front row on the floor to be exact 9

Bono
249197_10150630233855397_761060396_18762637_314713_n.jpg

Larry & Adam
254229_10150630233715397_761060396_18762636_775978_n.jpg

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Nice Bono! congrats on the seats! holy smokes...have you got the pleasure to meet any of them yet? after all the shows you've been to

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

WOW, that is a LEGENDARY shot of Bono.

Perfect, glad you enjoyed it. I really need to dig into those guys discog... as a matter of fact, i'm heading there now, fuck it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.undercover.fm/news/15040-no- … -next-year

No New U2 Until Next Year
By Music-News.com
Thu, 09 Jun 2011

U2 have delayed the release of their next album until 2012.

When No Line on the Horizon was issued in 2009, U2 made it clear that they had even more material ready to go and another album would be out in short order.  Then they said it would be 2010. Then 2011.

Now it appears that the group won't have anything ready until next year and they're not too happy about it. The band had originally planned to release new material by the end of their 360 Degree tour this July, but their commitments have made it impossible to finish sessions for the record, leaving them disappointed.

Bass player Adam Clayton said: "We had to have a meeting and look at the schedule to see if we could pick up any extra time to work on it, and we just realised that we couldn't.

"To be honest, everyone was a bit gutted. But it was the only sensible decision."

The Irish group have been working on a number of different projects, with singer Bono and guitarist The Edge overseeing the launch of and creating the soundtrack to their Spiderman: Turn off the Dark musical, and the whole group have completed sessions with producers Danger Mouse and RedOne.

While Bono has been talking about the band writing a "club sounding" record, Adam thinks they are more likely to focus on their sessions with Danger Mouse, rather than those with Lady Gaga collaborator RedOne.

He added to Rolling Stone magazine: "We have to focus on what we do best, and the work we did with Danger Mouse came closest to that.

"We want to be in the clubs and make pop music as well as the thing U2 does, but in the end, the thing we did with RedOne doesn't feel like the right fit."

U2 are now aiming to release new material in the second half of 2012.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

U2 guitarist the Edge loses bid for Malibu mansion
Reuters, Jun 16, 2011 11:22 pm PDT

A plan by U2's lead guitarist, the Edge, and his associates to build several mansions overlooking the Pacific Ocean was denied on Thursday by California officials, who said the project would be a visual blight on a pristine ridgeline.The California Coastal Commission, which voted 8-4 to reject the controversial 156-acre project, also cited potential damage to native vegetation near the seaside enclave of Malibu.
The Edge, whose real name is David Evans, bought the ridge-top parcel of land for his proposed home in 2005 and has since been fighting to win approval for the development.
A spokeswoman for the Edge said the guitarist and his associates were weighing a potential lawsuit and other options to revive the project.
The Edge had touted the proposed complex of mansions as an environmentally sustainable undertaking that would boast such features as solar energy panels, a rainwater catchment system and on-site electric vehicle charging.
The musician and his associates also said the five homes they were planning to build would collectively occupy just over 1 acre of the 156 acres of private land they had purchased for the development.
Officials with the California Coastal Commission argued the proposal was deceptively presented as five separate developments even though the Edge was the single driving force behind it.
The commission also noted the other principals behind the project were closely tied to the Edge, and included his sister and his business partner.
Environmentalists had opposed the development, saying it would mar views of the ridgeline for over a mile along the coast, a fact cited by commission staff.
Malibu City Councilwoman Laura Rosenthal told Reuters that many of her constituents would agree with the commission's decision.
"Absolutely it's been a big issue, and people have been talking about it and are concerned about it," she said.
Fiona Hutton, a spokeswoman for the Edge, said California officials have approved dozens of other similar projects in the area.
"We'd like to be treated fairly, like any other applicant that comes before the Coastal Commission," she said.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Do any of these "green" guys realize how stupid they look spending MILLIONS of dollars to try and save a few hundred bucks a year on a light bill?

None of that shit will EVER be feasible for the average man. NEVER. Let it go.

Board footer