You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Whats the opinion people in your life have on CD?

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I don't know why everyone is so concerned about the opinions of casual fans. The best albums, are only accepted by diehard fans anyways, not casuals.

Appetite for Destruction
Joshua Tree
Achtung Baby
Exhile on Main street
The Bends
Sgt. Pepper's
Ten
Nevermind
Metallica

and the list goes on and on and on to prove your theory wrong.

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

bloodyhell81 wrote:

the people i have played a couple of tracks to have been plesently surprised about cd me and a workmate always talk about the album and he is a big old gnr fan. another mate is buying the album after i played him cd.  some very positive comments from friends, indeed.

Cav
 Rep: 1 

Cav wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I don't know why everyone is so concerned about the opinions of casual fans. The best albums, are only accepted by diehard fans anyways, not casuals.

Appetite for Destruction
Joshua Tree
Achtung Baby
Exhile on Main street
The Bends
Sgt. Pepper's
Ten
Nevermind
Metallica

While the majority of people may agree with this i think it seems to prove the theory right rather than wrong.

As a "die hard" G n R fan i'm still undecided as to wethere CD of AFD is my fav, but..

As a "die Hard" U2 fan, myself and many other die hard fans, whilst enjoying the joshua tree and actung baby, prefer the unforgettable fire and War. Where as all "casual" fans all prefer the Joshua tree and actung baby.

As a die hard stone's fan i can categorically inform you that the majority of die hard stones fans prefer Beggar's Banquet, Sticky Fingers, Goats Head Soup and even Voodoo Lounge to the "casusual fan" favourite "exile on Main Street".

As a "casual" radiohead fan i do prefer the bends, my friend matt is obsessed with them and prefers Pablo Honey, he's about as die hard as you get.

His other obsession is Pearl Jam, wose album Bianural (or something like that, is his fav. I am a casual fan, who likes ten.

All die hard beatles fan's think of "Sgt Peppers" as weird tosh, and will site Revolver as the greatest album.

I am a die hard Metallica fan and I, along with many others would site Master of Puppets as their best work. Discussions with other die hard metallica fans produce arguments around wether "MOP" "ride the lightening" or "And justice for all" is their greatest work, and it is generally only casual fans who side Metallica (or the black album).

As for Nirvana, no die hard fan woould site nevermind in the top 2 albums, personally i dislike in utero, but that is the die hard fans favourite.

The best album is a matter of opinion, but you seem to have listed the albums by top bands which the casual fans who don't for part of their die hard fanbase like best as an argument against a point which it sorely misses.

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Appetite for Destruction
Joshua Tree
Achtung Baby
Exhile on Main street
The Bends
Sgt. Pepper's
Ten
Nevermind
Metallica

just for the record, Exile On Main Street (my favorite rock and roll album of all time) is only certified 1x Platinum (1,000,000 sales) in the US after 36 years of being released. The Bends is only 1x Platinum after 13 years as well. Over the next 36 years and over the next 13 years, I am fairly sure Chinese will crawl to 1,000,000 in the US (in reality it already has because Best Buy bought 1.3 million at almost full price).

Sales and casual fans opinions are bullshit in the end because for every U2 there is a Hannah Montana or Britney Spears or some other pop shit that is utter disposable trash.

just look at all the shit on these lists.

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata … =tblTopArt
http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata … =tblTop100

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'd say Chinese Democracy is better than Nevermind and the Black Album. Those albums are good but pretty overrated.

ShoGunslinger
 Rep: 1 

I'd say Chinese Democracy is better than Nevermind and the Black Album. Those albums are good but pretty overrated.

Yes but are they better than the KISS masterpiece, "Songs from the Elder"? j/k:lol:

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I bought a copy of CD for a friend of mine, who's birthday just happened to fall on November 23rd.  It was destiny, and she was getting a copy whether she liked it or not.  She's not a GNR fan by any stretch of the imagination.  She likes the popular songs but she wouldn't know any obscure GNR song.  She's a Bon Jovi fan.  Anyway, I played her "If The World" (the demo) a couple months back and she loved it.  She has yet to give me her full review, which she has promised.  She's kind of been like Axl.  She got the album and went into hiding.  At first she gave me a tentative review date (around Thanksgiving).  But that day passed without a word or an explanation of why I never got the review.  Now she tells me I'll get part of the review on X-Mas.  We'll see what happens.  I'm interested to hear what a non-fan thinks of the album.  Someone with no hangups on who is or is not in the band, no real sense of the history of the band, and could really care less about how long the album took to make because the only knowledge she had about any of it was through me.

Bono

Bono wrote:

Just wanna apologize for my overly blunt and harsh post towards Bright Eyes. That was an after the bar rant. Few too many pops last night.  Definately should've toned it down. Sorry.

Sky Dog wrote:

hammered on a Monday...I'll give you bonus points for that.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Cav wrote:

While the majority of people may agree with this i think it seems to prove the theory right rather than wrong.

As a "die hard" G n R fan i'm still undecided as to wethere CD of AFD is my fav, but..

As a "die Hard" U2 fan, myself and many other die hard fans, whilst enjoying the joshua tree and actung baby, prefer the unforgettable fire and War. Where as all "casual" fans all prefer the Joshua tree and actung baby.

As a die hard stone's fan i can categorically inform you that the majority of die hard stones fans prefer Beggar's Banquet, Sticky Fingers, Goats Head Soup and even Voodoo Lounge to the "casusual fan" favourite "exile on Main Street".

As a "casual" radiohead fan i do prefer the bends, my friend matt is obsessed with them and prefers Pablo Honey, he's about as die hard as you get.

His other obsession is Pearl Jam, wose album Bianural (or something like that, is his fav. I am a casual fan, who likes ten.

All die hard beatles fan's think of "Sgt Peppers" as weird tosh, and will site Revolver as the greatest album.

I am a die hard Metallica fan and I, along with many others would site Master of Puppets as their best work. Discussions with other die hard metallica fans produce arguments around wether "MOP" "ride the lightening" or "And justice for all" is their greatest work, and it is generally only casual fans who side Metallica (or the black album).

As for Nirvana, no die hard fan woould site nevermind in the top 2 albums, personally i dislike in utero, but that is the die hard fans favourite.

The best album is a matter of opinion, but you seem to have listed the albums by top bands which the casual fans who don't for part of their die hard fanbase like best as an argument against a point which it sorely misses.

As a diehard U2 fan I will tell you this. Achtung Baby has time and time again been voted the favorite U2 album by U2 fans on numerous U2 fan sites. Joshua Tree? Consitently #2. Nevermind was classic and whether diehards don't consider it their best or not is irrelevant cause diehards still love it. Most dehard Nirvana fans fell in love with the band becasue of Nevermind.  The same goes for Pearl Jam. Ten is classic and just becasue some diehard doesn't like it best doesn't mean it's not one of the best albums they've released. You'd never see Bianural voted ahead of Ten on a Pearl Jam fans top album poll let alone a casual fans poll. I also prefer Pablo Honey to The Bends but many diehards love The Bends and that album was the one the casuals picked up on most aside from the song Creep. And no the majority of diehard Rolling Stone fans do not prefre Voodoo Lounge to Exhile on Mainstreet. And the biggest one of all. AFD is the number one Gn'R album hands down. By the casual fans, by the diehard fans, and by the majority of critices. To suggest it's not and that it's only a casual fans favorite is absolutely ridiculous. You may like CD better but that doesn't change the fact that the masses(fans and casuals alike) will side with AFD the huge majority of the time. The best albums are not always and only appreciated by diehards. That's a Radiohead fan mentality. You know the one that says Kid A is "fucking genius" but the rest of the world just wouldn't be able to understand cause it's too complex. 16  roll

Board footer