You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Dave Navarro on Chinese

Sky Dog wrote:

Dave Navarro answered some fan questions on his website. http://www.6767.com/

Have u had a chance to sit down and listen to Chinese Democracy all the way through? Your thoughts on it?

Yes. I have to say that I pretty much love it. The way I have been describing it has been 70% awesome and 30% really weird, but after a few listens... The weird becomes awesome again. I don't know if it's the songs or the fact that I just enjoy hearing that guy's voice or both, but I am a fan. It's not GnR as we know it... It feels more like an Axl solo record... Probably because as music lovers, we were able to get a feel for the old GnR dynamics and the personalities of each member in the band. I know very little about this band so it's hard to connect with each member sonically like I did before. People have been commenting on how long it took to make but I kind of don't believe he was working on all THESE songs the whole time. I'm sure there have been versions, stuff that got scrapped, breaks, line up changes, personal time... I'm speculating of course, but having worked on so many projects I know that there are a million things that go down before you even decide on the track listing.

I pretty much feel the way he does.:/

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

For someone who generally comes across as pretty out there, Dave's surprisingly grounded when talking about the album.

Wonder if Axl stills wants to play with him? I understand there's an opening for a lead guitarist...

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Pretty good description & review.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
sic. wrote:

For someone who generally comes across as pretty out there, Dave's surprisingly grounded when talking about the album.

Wonder if Axl stills wants to play with him? I understand there's an opening for a lead guitarist...

Navarro could do all the Finck parts and he'd do better. I'd be much more interested in seeing the band live with Dave Navarro.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

why not? he might as well join guns n roses. he's been in every other band anyway. 16

Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
sic. wrote:

Navarro could do all the Finck parts and he'd do better. I'd be much more interested in seeing the band live with Dave Navarro.

agree, Navarro is killer.:rock:

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Navarro / Fortus / Bumblefoot?

When combined skill is considered, they'd be pretty close to the '01 guitarists.

Throw Brain back into the fold and live band would be interesting again.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Yeah that would be cool, he was on Oh My God so why not?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If Navarro is brought in (which is what I've been hoping for since it was obvious Robin wasn't coming back) I don't think it would be too far of a stretch that Stephen Perkins came with him. Now that would be killer.:mosh:

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I'd be game to give Dave a shot if for sure Robin and BH are gone for good.

Board footer