You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: LARS ULRICH Holding Up Release of GNR 'Better' Video?

Gunslinger wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

In other news, Duke Nukem Forever has been delayed because Donkey Kong wont allow its release.

That's the best fucking post I've read in ages!! 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

It doesn't really matter at this point if there's a physical single to buy. The song was DOA.

Move on to the next one. Sadly, there's no clear cut choice for a third single.

Not sure if it's DOA, at last check it's been on the rise the last couple of weeks and was at #20, it's peak position, on the mainstream rock chart last week. 

Now, I'm not saying that's anything to brag about, but if it continues to climb it'd be hard to label it as dead.  Of course this weeks charts should be out soon and could signal that, but I haven't seen them yet.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

The monkeys have taken over the zoo. The housekeeper’s son talks like he's part of GNR. Jesus Christ.

About three weeks ago, a poster on Velvet Rope said that two videos  were made for 'Better', both were sent up to Axl's lair and were subsequently rejected. This statement would appear to hold water now.

There is no video coming.

Axl is becoming increasingly divorced from reality and degrading his brand and legacy even further by allowing his fucking house cleaners to do his business.

I have been watching his activities for the last month with an increasing sense of bemusement and frankly a mild despair.

I know people were glad he came on line to talk to fans as Dexter but frankly more than half of it was rambling sanctimonious nonsense. Also, in context of who he is and the fact that he should be out there doing his fucking job i.e. working to drive the GLOBAL sales of CD instead of sitting at home taking on individual fans and calling them cunts for pointing out just how fucking wrong his attitude to his band and his fans has become. 

This guy loves being the gigantic fish in an ever decreasing pond, it’s pathetic to see such a talent wasting away on a frivolous and petty lawsuit with a soft drink company while being misrepresented  by a couple of Brazilian bottom feeders who’ll be flipping burgers if Axl ever looses interested in them.

It’s the ‘Nu Guns’ guys I feel sorry for, 10 years some of them have been there and this is how Axl decides to re-pay their loyalty. When CD gets put out he throws down his toys and fucks off home. They must feel utterly frustrated and demoralised.

There will never be a reunion and this version of the band will never get off the ground unless Axl has a complete overhaul of his entire life. That’s never going to happen. He’s steamed through 18 band members and 4 producers and three managers to get to here and like he did in St. Louis, Montreal, Vancouver and Philly he fucked off home when his band leadership was needed the most.

I think I’m almost done with this guy. It’s becoming too much like being a fan of Michael Jackson. I’ll just be along to watch how it ends.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Not to mention the online interviews allowed him to be extremely selective on which questions he answered, and hell, he made one rant on a subject all his own.

Axl's word is about as reliable as Mick Wall's. At this point, there are no interviews like he said there would be and no video. Why defend him? He's extremely talented and extremely crazy. He spent 15 years making an album and holding it up to tinker with a bell and a whistle here and there, then totally abandons all promotion and still stays out of the public eye. The dude hasn't done shit but worried about lawsuits in 15 years... this is what the art of GNR has become?

Intercourse

Intercourse wrote:

Looks like it Brett - fucking SAD

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

The monkeys have taken over the zoo. The housekeeper’s son talks like he's part of GNR. Jesus Christ.

About three weeks ago, a poster on Velvet Rope said that two videos  were made for 'Better', both were sent up to Axl's lair and were subsequently rejected. This statement would appear to hold water now.

Axl is becoming increasingly divorced from reality and degrading his brand and legacy even further by allowing his fucking house cleaners to do his business.

I have been watching his activities for the last month with an increasing sense of bemusement and frankly a mild despair.

I know people were glad he came on line to talk to fans as Dexter but frankly more than half of it was rambling sanctimonious nonsense. Also, in context of who he is and the fact that he should be out there doing his fucking job i.e. working to drive the GLOBAL sales of CD instead of sitting at home taking on individual fans and calling them cunts for pointing out just how fucking wrong his attitude to his band and his fans has become. 

This guy loves being the gigantic fish in an ever decreasing pond, it’s pathetic to see such a talent wasting away on a frivolous and petty lawsuit with a soft drink company while being misrepresented  by a couple of Brazilian bottom feeders who’ll be flipping burgers if Axl ever looses interested in them.

It’s the ‘Nu Guns’ guys I feel sorry for, 10 years some of them have been there and this is how Axl decides to re-pay their loyalty. When CD gets put out he throws down his toys and fucks off home. They must feel utterly frustrated and demoralised.

There will never be a reunion and this version of the band will never get off the ground unless Axl has a complete overhaul of his entire life. That’s never going to happen. He’s steamed through 18 band members and 4 producers and three managers to get to here and like he did in St. Louis, Montreal, Vancouver and Philly he fucked off home when his band leadership was needed the most.

I think I’m almost done with this guy. It’s becoming too much like being a fan of Michael Jackson. I’ll just be along to watch how it ends.

Very True. It seemed like Axl had an agenda from the beginning for his forum chats & that was to ultimately give his 5000+ word essay of why the band broke up & why he is essentialy the "victim" in all of this. Notice that's the last we heard from him. It's like he was just building up to it. It would have been weird for him to just post it out of the blue.

I guess the hardcore fans thought everything would suddenly be "normal" once the Album was released, but they just seem to get weirder everyday. We are very very lucky to have this album , but to expect anything else at this point seems delusional.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

excellent post.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

sounds like you don't know what you're talking about. 14

Intercourse

Intercourse wrote:

Pax,
If you want to debate this let’s do it. We are both fans and that's what this board is for. If you are happy that as a fan, you feel Axl is doing his best for Guns then I have to respectably say that I think you are mad.

He’s walked off the job again. True victory would be Axl and his band out there working hard, answering hard questions, playing CD live and winning people over.

Instead  we have an armchair messiah presiding over fan forums and launching pathetic litigation threats.

This guy is going down the music business shit-can faster than you can say 'it's all Slash's fault' and he had better find a brake fast. No better guy to do it I think but there is no sign of him even trying.

Intercourse.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

When Axl popped up to chat a few weeks ago, I found the timing curious.  At that time CD had sold poorly and he was getting criticized for not promoting the thing at all.  After he chatted on the forums, the subject went from disapointing cd sales to a rehash of topics involving Old Gnr.  He had effectively changed the topic.  He could have discussed these topics years ago, yet he chose not to.  Before anyone says there were "legal" issues regarding this--try to remember that Slash had spoke about these issues for years with zero problem.

Intercourse--I don't feel as sorry for the Nu Guns as you do.  After a few months or years of working for Axl, you pretty much know how its going to go.  He'll show up late for live shows and he won't be in the studio for large periods of time.  At some point you either accept it for what it is or you get frustrated and leave.  It's strange because now looking back Slash and Buckethead left the band for the exact same reasons:  Axl showing up late for the shows and not appearing at the studio.  Inversely, Tommy Stinson has stuck around for 10 years.  Of course the $250,000 a year paycheck surely doesn't hurt.

I do wish that he'd hire a PR guy to do the PR work instead of the Lebsesis' though.  Those two should NEVER comment on Gnr again.  It was easier with Slash and Duff in the band because those guys would do the PR work that Axl didn't want to.  Bumblefoot would be the obvious choice here with Nu Guns.  However, he didn't write any of the songs on CD (mostly written by 1997-2001 incarnation of the band) and it's kind of hard for fans to relate to that.

Unfortunately, I agree with you about this band being a car wreck that you can't turn away from.  Sometimes I feel as though I'm being a fun purely for "entertainment" purposes.  It seems as though Axl has done the "opposite" of what most other successful musicians have done.

Board footer