You are not logged in. Please register or login.

justbill
 Rep: 16 

Re: LARS ULRICH Holding Up Release of GNR 'Better' Video?

justbill wrote:

According to an online posting by Fernando Lebeis, the son of Beta Lebeis — GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose's personal assistant — the release of the band's new video for the song "Better" is being held up by a legal matter involving METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich. Although exact details are sketchy, it appears that Ulrich's image is featured in the clip and his release form needs to be signed before the video can be distributed and promoted to music video television programmers worldwide.

Responding to questions on the GUNS N' ROSES fan board MyGNRForum.com regarding the delay in the release of the "Better" clip, Fernando Lebeis wrote, "Tell Lars to OK the vid and it's done. That's all that is pending." When asked by a fan who the "Lars" was that he was referring to, Fernando replied, "Lars Ulrich. We are pending his release form to be signed."

Ulrich was reportedly seen backstage at a number of GUNS N' ROSES shows on the band's 2006 tour and even performed the song "Out Ta Get Me" with GN'R on December 15, 2006 during Axl Rose and company's headlining appearance at the Oracle Arena (formerly Oakland Arena) in Oakland, California.

"Better" is the second single from GUNS N' ROSES' new album, "Chinese Democracy", which sold 56,000 copies in the United States in its fourth week of release to land at position No. 33 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD has shifted 421,000 units since it was released on November 23 as a Best Buy exclusive after a wait of more than 15 years.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=111623

Kinda weird isn't it... Here's a small question, why is Lars in the forthcoming video?

Sky Dog wrote:

just more ridiculous bullshit...

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:

It might be from live footage from 06' when he filled in on "Out Ta Get Me" or maybe it's some other backstage footage or something. Kinda weird though.

justbill
 Rep: 16 

justbill wrote:
madagas wrote:

just more ridiculous bullshit...

Which is why I typed the line "Kinda weird isn't it..." First thing that came to my mind was 'Here we go again, more delays...' 17

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You have GOT to be kidding me?

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Hell, no. Lars' pretty fucking invaluable.

In any other case, he'd had been edited out, the video would've been released, nice little boost for the single, etc. But, c'mon! It's Lars!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

In other news, Duke Nukem Forever has been delayed because Donkey Kong wont allow its release.

Interesting that excuses have to fly over something as simple as a video. This video should have been out weeks ago, or that's when this excuse should have been mentioned. Its too late for a Better video anyways. Do one for the next single, but take this advice......

Have the video release happen simultaneously with the single release. Releasing videos weeks after the initial push leads to one thing....failure.

I don't really care about a video, but its interesting that its going in this direction. Using tour footage from years ago is the easiest thing to do, yet they are having trouble with it.

Instead of getting Lars in the video, they should be working on splicing a bit of Buckethead footage into this video since he is on the track.

axlcrazy wrote:

It might be from live footage from 06' when he filled in on "Out Ta Get Me" or maybe it's some other backstage footage or something. Kinda weird though.

Why do they need footage from Out Ta Get Me when Better was performed at all the shows on that tour? They should be up to their necks in Better footage. If they are also using backstage footage for the video, a kid could delete him out of the vid in 2 seconds and it not effect their video plans.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

This is a pretty bad excuse for the video not being released.  I hadn't relalized Lars was a big part of GNR and the song Better. 

I like James idea- replace Lars with Buckethead.  Since ya know, Bucket is on the track and Lars isn't.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Axl probably promised him he'd be in the video...  And Lars has to make sure the lighting is right... And that he's displaying his signature snarky, obnoxious laugh.... You know, just the usual stuff.

There is nothing weird about this at all. Its pretty normal in the GNR world.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Viral marketing.

The promotion is in big trouble, and GNR now attempts to create some petty controversy over their new video. People still remember Montreal '92, so it's not a stretch to imagine Axl getting into a feud with Hetfield / Ulrich. In reality, Axl's getting into some imaginary trouble for the entertainment value, as well as capitalizing on the fact that Ulrich got caught on tape two years back.

This whole thing stinks up to high heaven. Ulrich's completely unnecessary when considering the video and his inclusion and the 'problems' caused by it are nothing but a publicity stunt. It's like Wrestlemania, really. I only wonder whether Axl's people told Lars in advance about the fact that Fernando would 'leak' this little bit out (notice how quick Blabbermouth got a hold of it), or will he be caught up cold the next time he checks the Metallica board?

Takes about a week for the official website to say anything, I'd wager. GNR sinks to a new low in their desperate attempts to market the album with no real promotional budget - or a clue.

Board footer